Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Owl Love You Always"

So...owls and birds seem to be in style right now in the scrapbooking world - I guess I am going to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon.  In their defense, they are pretty cute in paper form.  (I may or may not be slightly terrified of actual birds.)  

If you saw yesterday's card, I mentioned that I may have gone a little crazy with the white gel pen...hahaha!  That was before this layout - seriously, once I get started doodling it is hard to find a stopping place.  I got my very first ATG tape gun yesterday and was able to use it for this layout.  Whoa - what a difference!  Who would have thought that a tape gun could make me so happy...oh, and it's PINK!  

Material's Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Accent Paper - trimmed to 3 1/4" x 12" (two times) - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Photo Mats - double matted to fit (1) 4 x 6 and (3) 3 x 3. (I will be journaling in the pink)
  • Title - "Love" is from Sugar and Spice sized at 3.12.  I used Cherry Limeade and Cursive 101 for the rest of the letters and welded everything together using my Gypsy.  
  • "Mommy" Owl - cut at 3" from Sugar and Spice
  • "Baby" Owl - cut at 2" from Create a Critter - attached using pop dots
  • Branch cut at 2.52" from Create a Critter 
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean, Cosmic Copper, and Pearlescent Ivy
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap


Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren..

Your layouts are always so creative, love them...
Great to hear you got an ATG gun...Can't live without mine..

Evie Martino

JennyKozar said...

I love your layout! And I understand about the doodling - it is addicting.

TFS!!

Carolyn said...

Super adorable!! I'm still waiting on my pink ATG!

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh - cute, cute, cute!!! I love it - I wish my pages would turn out as wonderful! :)

Coachfans said...

Great layout. I think the white pen adds character...keep using it! What type do you like?

I have the Hoot 'n Holler cartridge and haven't used for the same reason you mentioned...I have seen owls everywhere. I think I might need to join you and use it since they are cute.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana :)

Carol said...

So super cute!

Lauren B. said...

Georgiana - I use the Sakura Gelly Roll Pens. I bought mine at Joann's. They're actually the only white pens that I've used, but I really like them. Hope that helps!
Lauren

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is my favorite of all your layouts!!! I ADORE this layout! The images and colors and doodling are just awesome my friend! XOXO Momo

Dawn said...

I am SOOOO glad to hear you got your ATG gun, soon enough you'll wonder how you lived without it! I know I use mine ALL the time.

Love the doodling, I can never find an end spot either... but have been trying to be a minimalist with my white pens and try browns and blacks too.

joeygirl86 said...

Aww this owl LO is adorable! You're making me want to make more LO's, yours are always so cute!