Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Playtime



This layout came together very fast and was completely inspired by the Cherry Limeade cartridge.  I found some really cute Mary Engelbreit chipboard embellishments in the dollar section at Michael's.  (Have you looked around there?  They have some really cute stuff!)  It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but the letters are printed with cherries.  I do need your help...do you like the layout with one picture or two?

I can't decide...what do you think?  One picture or two?

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • "border" (left over from THIS layout...look at me - I'm using "scraps!")
  • Photo Mats cut at 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 & 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • Scalloped Circle cut at 9 1/2" from Cherry Limeade
  • Cherries cut at 3 3/4" from Cherry Limeade
  • Green Patterned Paper - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Red Polka Dot Paper from Martha Stewart 12 x 12 Paper Pad
  • Chipboard embellishments from Michael's $1 section - Mary Engelbreit. (one package includes 1 alphabet, photo corners and some of the round daisy "buttons" and some green "buttons" with cherries)
  • Buttons from my stash
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap (I distressed the chipboard too)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Thanks for looking!  Check back later for a simple card!
Thanks!

8 comments:

DORCAS said...

I love them both! This is FABULOUS!!!

~Dorcas

Amanda said...

I love this! I would probably do only one... the second mat kind of makes the layout look to busy, but I like doing one photo 12x12's so maybe thats just me! LOL

scrappy critters said...

sooo cute lauren! I think two photos look great♥

Dawnica said...

They both look really great. Make a 2 page layout using both.

Kristal said...

I think they both look great! Question is, do you have 1 or 2 pictures that you would like to include? I usually end up with more than 1 photo on a page because I have a hard time choosing just one pic. :) Either way it look great!

Mari AKA Momo said...

Absolutely ADORE this layout. I like it with 1. XOXO Momo

joeygirl86 said...

Loooove the way this LO came out! I must get that cart! ;p ..I like it with 2..this is a hard decision! lol..

Carol said...

Great LO! I like them both!
TFS!