Thursday, August 12, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Winter Wonderland"


I know that it's the middle of August and in most places it's super hot, but I am thinking about winter.  I decided to work on a winter layout to try and think cool thoughts.  Here in North Texas we had a record amount of snow last winter...so much so, that Nicole may not see snow like that in Texas for 20-something years.  I figured I should scrap as many pictures I could of her playing in the snow - they may be the only ones we ever take.  I'm sure some of you are thinking..."oh, you could go on vacation somewhere where it snows."  Here's the thing - I don't really like cold weather or hot weather for that matter.  I was born in Southern California and my internal thermostat has been permanently set at somewhere between 72 and 76 degrees.

Oh...and I may or may not have gotten the Winter Frolic cartridge last week at Joann's.  I also may or may not have gotten some Peachy Keen Princess Face stamps.  Shhh!  This is just between you and me.  

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • "sky" trimmed paper to 7 x 12
  • "snow" trimmed paper to 5 x 12 (I also trimmed the top of the paper to look like hills...it's a good thing I covered it up with the huge tag...LOL)
  • Photo Mats cut at 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
  • Journaling Mats cut at 3 x 3 1/4 and 2 3/4 x 3
  • All Cricut cuts are from Winter Frolic
  • All Patterned paper is from Me & My Big Ideas - "Oh What Fun" 12 x 12 Cardstock 
  • "Winter Wonderland" cut at 3 1/4" 
  • "Tag" cut at 6 3/4" 
  • Snow Angel cut at 4"
  • Trees cut at 4"
  • Peachy Keen Princess Face Stamps
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Cosmic Copper
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue Pen - Garnet (my poor glitter was feeling very neglected)

11 comments:

Lawyers Scrap Too! said...

Lauren:

This layout is great. I've got the same pattern paper at home and have had some difficulties coming up with layout designs. I'm inspired to take another stab.

Sheandra

joeygirl86 said...

OMG Lauren this is sooooo cute! I love it! Don't you just love your PK stamps!? They just make everything so much cuter! I'm so jealous you already got Winter Frolic,I'm dying for these new carts..maybe next payday! tfs :)

Savahanna said...

I love this layout it is sooo cute! I just got this cartridge yesterday in the mail. I cannot wait to use it. Not that we see any snow here in San Diego. But I am planning a snow trip.

Scrappy Mel said...

LOL - that is so funny... the 1st thing I thought was, "Uh Oh, Lauren got Winter Frolic!" :)

What an adorable page! I totally agree - if and when we ever make it up north to see/play in the snow I will take tons of pictures - as it's not likely to happen very often. LOL

Amanda said...

Aww this is cute! I really want this cartridge. I live in Cincinnati so we see snow every season! It's not to fun to drive in so your in a good state lol

Carol said...

Super cute LO! TFS!

JennyKozar said...

This is just too cute! Very inspiring - I live in the windy City and we get LOTS of snow so I knew this cartridge was one I needed!

TFS!!

Adrian said...

so beautiful!

Mari AKA Momo said...

You are probably my favorite favorite scrapbooker EVER!!!! Your layouts are the best but I am sure I have said that a MILLION times! I may Fedex you all my pictures! And then well maybe you can fedex me back a bunch of layouts!!! :o)

Mari AKA Momo said...

You are probably my favorite favorite scrapbooker EVER!!!! Your layouts are the best but I am sure I have said that a MILLION times! I may Fedex you all my pictures! And then well maybe you can fedex me back a bunch of layouts!!! :o)

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Lauren...
I was just talking with MOMO and she mentioned how much she loves your scrapbook pages...so I had to come by and check out your blog. I am in AWE!!! I know I have seen a couple of your posts, but cant for the life of me figure out why I am not following you!!! You are so incredibly talented...really amazing!!!!

I just got done STALKING your blog...I checked out EVERY post and loved everything!!! I even joked with Momo telling her I didnt want you to think I am a weirdo, but I am now obsessed with your blog!!! So glad she shared it with me and needless to say....I am now following...hooray!!!

hugs,
Sarah