Friday, August 13, 2010

Creative Scrapbooking: Throwback Thursday Challenge


Hooray!  It seems like forever since I've been able to participate in one of Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenges.  Emma's challenge this week was to create a back-to-school themed project using the Paisley cartridge.  Paisley used to be my go-to cartridge...up until Create a Critter and Once Upon a Princess were released.  I forgot how much I love this cart.  I mentioned earlier in the week that shopping for clothes and school supplies was always my favorite part of going back to school, so I decided to use that as the theme for this layout.

Did you know that the theme on the blog this week was  doodling and scrapbook layouts?  I didn't start out to have that theme, but EVERY project has featured LOTS of doodling.  Also, notice that I didn't say, "This layout came together really fast."  That's because it didn't...this actually took a lot longer than I had originally planned to complete.  I think in total I spent close to 4 hours on it...I started to question my sanity as I inked every cut and decided to doodle EVERYTHING.

Everything is attached with pop dots...I just cut up the excess to attach the title.
I started out using buttons as accents, but I decided that jewels were cuter.

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 bases
  • (2) 6 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock
  • (2) 4 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock
  • Photo mats - (3) triple mounted for a 3 3/4 x 5 3/4 picture & (2) triple mounted for 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 picture
  • "Lots of Shopping" was welded using my Gypsy and the Cherry Limeade font - attached with pop dots
  • All images are from Paisley and all of the images are attached using pop dots
  • All patterned paper is from DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Shoes cut at 1.5"
  • Sunglasses cut at 1.25"
  • Perfume Bottle cut at 1.5"
  • Purse (with handle) cut at 2.25"
  • Outfit cut at 5"
  • Necklace cut at 3"
  • Purse (without handle) cut at 1.5"
  • Flowers (for journaling) cut at 3" and 3.25" using "real dial size"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Yellow Jewels - K and Company

Hope you like it!  I am going to be giving my white gel pen the afternoon off!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Coachfans said...

I LOVE your layout! Shopping is pretty fun, especially when your a little girl and they have such cute styles.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana : )

Kim H said...

Very cute! Love the white pen comment!
tfs
Kim H

joeygirl86 said...

This came out great! Everything is so cute! I know what you mean when inking and doodling end up taking up ALL of your time..but the end result is awesome! ..I kinda gave up on inking everything-I'd rather doodle! lol :) tfs

Carol said...

Great LO!

girlia said...

Beautiful LO!

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! But, whew - what a lot of work! I'm sure Nicole will love it someday! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren..

As always love your layouts...Very inspirational..

Evie

TUKI said...

Wow, those are amazing, great job!

My Creative Time said...

WOW, you are one AMAZING crafter my friend!! You NEVER disappoint w/all of your AWESOME creations!!
GREAT job w/the challenge!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Sandra said...

I really like this layout! I don't have a girl, so I could never make it. I like looking at your though!

Sandra :)

GiGi said...

You did an awesome job on this layout! Well done!

Maria Elena said...

OMG ! This is a great job ! Love those papers !!!
Have a great Sunday !
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

BeeBeebabs said...

Such a cute layout tfs!!!

DORCAS said...

Another fabulous layout! Great JOB!!!

EricaQ said...

Love it! Colors are great!!