Thursday, September 23, 2010

Confession Time...


Alright...I have a confession.  I ordered an Imagine last week and this is the first thing that I made with it.  Before anyone leaves a grumpy comment...let me answer some questions preemptively:  

1.  This is not going to be an "Imagine ONLY blog".  I will post Imagine projects from time to time - that's only because I've shared every layout and almost every card that I've ever made with you, so I can't see myself stopping.  
2.  Yes, the Imagine is expensive.  I was fortunate enough to have a birthday within a few weeks of the launch, so I used birthday money to help fund the majority of it.  My husband also "enabled" me...he said I needed it - no really - he did.  (I also evidently have an addiction to all things Cricut related.) 
3.  I haven't decided whether or not I love it yet or if I'm even keeping it.  We are still dating.  I will say that I sure wish the Gypsy update was ready because I am lost without my Gypsy.      
4.  Even if you are NEVER planning on buying an Imagine, as soon as they have the Imagine cutting mats in a craft store near you - BUY them and throw out your old 12 x 12 ones.  (Seriously...they are that awesome!)
5.  The print quality really is amazing - I was a bit skeptical, but so far I'm pretty impressed.  The coolest thing (so far) is that it resizes the patterns for you depending on what you are applying it to.  (Those flowers are from Sweet Treats and the gingham is the same print that I used throughout - just teeny tiny.

I inked all of the edges and did some doodling with my gel pen.
Look at that teeny tiny gingham!  
Thanks for listening!  If you have any questions about the Imagine, I will try to answer them...just let me know.  I should have another sneak peek of the brand new Scrappy Moms stamp set - Winter  Wishes for you tomorrow!  I'm also working on a really fun home decor project...if it turns out, I may do another one and film it.


19 comments:

Carol said...

Lauren you never let me down!!! Your L/O's are beautiful!!! this is gorgeous! thanks for your input on the New Cricut,I have the first Cricut and THE EXPRESSION and cannot see me getting this one for now.

Card Creations by C said...

Oh what a shame that you almost sound like you have to defend that you got the Imagine. :( You shouldn't have to do that. Everyone may have their own thoughts on it, but you do what is best for you. If you fall so in love with the imagine that your layouts and cards primarily come from that its ok.

Your work is amazing...you seem very meticulous like me. I love your layouts and cards. And this layout is so adorable and well done.

I wouldn't worry about anyone but yourself...you can't please everyone. Just enjoy your new toy.

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

Lauren, It is beautiful!!! You shouldn't have to defend yourself or your decisions to anyone. I hope you enjoy your Imagine. I'm sure you will once the gypsy update comes! Yay for hubby enabling you! lol I'm looking forward to ALL of your work, Expression, Imagine, Baby Bug... whatever! <3

~Molly

DORCAS said...

Girl,

Congrats! No need to apologize! It's a beautiful layout once again! I love to see all your projects. You do amazing work!

Have a fabulous day!
~Dorcas

buglvr2010 said...

So beautiful! I have the Imagine launch on the DVR and I keep hoping my hubby will watch it with me. I would love to be enabled to buy it. I would love to have one!

ScrappyScavenger said...

This is the cutest Imagine creation I have seen so far! Awww Dont let people get you down for your decision to buy, I dont let then get me down for mine to not buy! You do what You want, expensive or not! Its all about making you happy, not everyone else.(They dont pay your bills or have to sacrifice for it) Now show me more ; )

liz said...

Your layout is so cute! Congrats on your new BF! ;) Let us know if gets serious!
liz:o)

Shelly said...

Congrats on the new Imagine Lauren! I got one too, and just LOVE it so far. I haven't had a ton of time to play with it yet but super excited to get going. Sure wish I had Sweet Treats now! You sound so apologetic that you have it...hehe. Be proud ladybug, I can't wait to see what all you make with, always looking for inspiration!
~shelly
lovecreatelaugh.blogspot.com

erin lee creative said...

WOW - this is a gorgeous layout! I don't think you should feel pressured either way about your purchase. (Keeping it or taking it back)

I won't buy it until it connects to my Gypsy :)

Good to know about the mats though!

joeygirl86 said...

Wow Lauren I'm surprised you gave in! LOL j/k ;p seriously though..I think you do NEED it like your hubby said. This LO is super adorable and is honestly the best Imagine project I have seen so far!! I think you should keep dating for a loooong time! LOL .

Cristina said...

Lauren,

I was totally decided that I do not want this machine, then i saw this. and now I dont know anymore!! AHHHH I for sure cannot afford it just yet. My birthday isn't till may. AHHHH!!

I'm love evertything you do my friend, and this is amazingly incredible!!

Huge hugs, here's hopefully some of your creativity will transfer to me


Cristina

http://www.craftingwithcristina.com

Jenny said...

I'm happy you got an Imagine. I also ordered one and can't wait to get it. I just found your blog last week and I LOVE it! I have a little girl also so you layouts are perfect for me!

Thanks!
Jenny

GlendaLea said...

All I can say is WOW!!! I love this! I also got one, my sweet hubby got it for me as an anniversary gift!

Carrie K said...

That page is so cute! The colors and paper used are perfect for the picture. Love it!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful layout! I love that you still have all the cut-outs and layers! I can't wait to see what you make next with your Imagine. (And hopefully one day I'll be able to get one.) Thanks for sharing!

GiGi said...

This layout is adorable and YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING YOU WANT. Anybody that would chastisize you for that is probably only because they're jealous! I'm jealous, but I would NEVER be mean! :) Have fun with it! Take Care!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh Lauren...you are so amazing!!! If you decide to keep the Imagine...i will be looking forward to each and every project you create with it AND without it!!! I know what you are saying about missing your Gypsy...mine broke and is on its way to PC to be replaced...I am lost without her..LOL!!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Grateful Tree said...

Thank you for the beautiful layout. What a shame that you felt you owed us an explanation at all. It really is no ones business. Enjoy your Imagine as I will mine. And please keep sharing with us your beautiful work. TFS

Carol L. said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I just love everything about it, the colors are perfect and that BABY is adorable. Congrats on your new imagine. Can't wait to see more!!!
Have a bless day!

sweet hugs,
Carol L.
(carolssweetcreations.blogspot.com)