Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Creative Card: Happy Birthday Cupcake!

Hello!  I have a very simple card for you today!  I realized that there are a few images that I haven't used on Once Upon a Princess, (shocking, right?) and this cute cupcake is one of them.  I have a friend celebrating her birthday in a few days, and I thought this little cupcake was perfect for her.  

Did everyone catch Momo's very first UStream on Monday night?  If not, you missed a good time and lots of good information.  Lucky for you, Momo posted the recorded version HERE.  I can't wait to try some of the new card folds that she demoed.  

Materials Used:
  • 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 Easel Card: Trim cardstock to 5 1/2 x 11 and score at 5 1/2 and 8 1/4.  Trim another piece of matching cardstock to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
  • Mats: Trimmed to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and 5 x 5
  • Mats for the bottom portion: 2 1/2 x 5 1/2, 2 1/4 x 5 1/4, 2 x 5 and 1 3/4 x 4 3/4
  • "Cupcake" cut at 3.75" from Once Upon a Princess
    • attached with pop dots
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Everyday Greetings set
  • 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Buttons from Michael's 
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk: Warm Red and Dark Peony
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink: Coffee Bean
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap
Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a cute card, I just love visiting your blog, great job!!

liz said...

cute cute cute!!!
liz:o)

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Cheryl said...

Adorable card! Yes, I tuned in for Momo's live UStream and it was GREAT!!! I have already started trying some of the card folds she showed us.

Molly said...

YAY!! A blog post!!! I'm so happy!!! Love the cupcake, she's so cute!! I am going to try this type of card soon... after (or as I) watch the UStream again!

ScrappingStephanie said...

Lauren this card is so super cute. I have to tell you that I could spend hours looking at your blog and all your creations. Your work is so inspiring:) TFS.

Stephanie

Amanda Villarreal said...

Very cute! I love these type of cards :)

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

What a cute card!!! :) I have been wanting to try an easel card...unique folds make it fun for the recipient! Your friend is going to love it.

Scrappy Mel said...

What a cute card! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it! :)

joeygirl86 said...

Oh this is the cutest lil cupcake! I need to learn this easel fold! tfs :)

scrappy critters said...

How adorable Lauren!! Love it!♥