Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Creative Card: "I Want Candy"

After watching Momo make a "Joy Fold" card on her UStream broadcast, I knew that I had to give it a try.  I am not super thrilled that I decided to draw (I use the word "draw" very loosely...) the little girl's face on myself...not a great idea.  If you would like to try to make this card, check out Momo's cheat sheet and video over at her blog Made by Momo!


Materials Used:
  • Basic Joy Fold Card (You can find Momo's cheat sheet HERE)
  • Patterned Paper - K and Company - Tim Coffey Halloween Mat Pad 
  • Paper Doll, Outfit and Treat Bag cut at 2.75" from Paper Doll Dress Up
  • Tag cut at 2" using "fit to length" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Sentiments from Scrappy Moms Stamps A Haunting We Will Go set
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Jewel
  • Candy Corn Brads - from Target's $1 Section
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Martha Stewart Pen - Chestnut
Hope you have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

LOVE IT! Her face is adorable!!

HappyExpressions said...

Very cute! There is nothing wrong with her face. You did a great job!

meredith said...

I love this! and her face looks great! It actually looks stamped! xx

Abby said...

This is just tooo cute!!!!! Lauren I love your work!!!!!!

scrappy critters said...

The cutest ever Lauren! Love it♥

joeygirl86 said...

This came out super cute! You did a great job with the face , it doesn't look bad at all! I'm gonna check out that joy fold right now! tfs :)

Scrappy Mel said...

This card is adorable, adorable, adorable!!!

The face is PERFECT - I thought it was a stamp too until I read the post.

Great job! :)

Adrian said...

very pretty!

Lauren said...

Can I just say how much I LOVE your work!! I simply can't wait for you to post something new!! Keep doing what you do because it's wonderful down to every last detail!! Adorable card!
Lauren

Melissa said...

This card is just adorable!!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Lauren....its ADORABLE!!! Its perfect with the sentiment!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Your card is too adorable!!! I love all the fancy folds! Your daughter must like it (I need to get busy & make some for my two little ones).

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer

DORCAS said...

Super cute!!!!! Love it!

Mari AKA Momo said...

LOVE IT!!! Her face is super cute!!! I love the paper you used!!! XOXO Momo