Thursday, September 2, 2010

Creative Card: "Thanks!"

My birthday was over the weekend, so I have a few thank you cards to write.  I went through my card stash on Monday and realized that I didn't have any thank you cards (what???).  I decided to "scrap-lift" an idea I saw on Tammy's blog - Scrappy Critters.  (Thanks Tammy!)  I think I will make a few of each of these to send out.  

  

Materials Used:
  • Standard A2 card 
  • Embossed the front of each using the Cuttlebug "Birds and Swirls A2 Folder" and "Stylized Flower A2 Folder"
  • "Lime Tree" cut at 4.75" from Cherry Limeade
    • attached with pop dots
  • "Flower" cut at 4.75" from Cherry Limeade
    • attached with pop dots
    • saved the flowers from the center and used them to accent the sentiments
    • Used scraps of paper to mat the sentiment
    • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Everyday Greetings set
    • Tsukineko Pigment Ink: Pearlescent Ivy and Coffee Bean
    • Color Box Liquid Chalk: Dark Peony and Rouge
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

    16 comments:

    ScrappingStephanie said...

    Very pretty. Another cart to add to my wish list:). TFS

    Stephanie

    Amanda Villarreal said...

    Very cute! This is one of my favorite cartridges.

    Cristina said...

    Lauren,

    You have to be the ultimate enabler, ever time I see a project that you make with a project you dont have it goes on my shopping list,

    After I saw your adorable winter frolic card set I just had to have that cartridge and that ribbom, i'm still on the hunt for a snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder

    Thanks for the inspiration, Love your projects

    joeygirl86 said...

    These are great thank you cards...I don't think I have any in my stash either!

    Dawnica said...

    I love these. I sure would love to receive anyone of these cards.
    http://dawnicakorner.blogspot.com/

    PinkBlingCrafter said...

    Very pretty!! I don't have this cartridge either another add to my list:)Love both. TFS:)
    pinkblingcrafter.blogspot.com/

    Maureen Reiss said...

    These are really pretty cards!!

    Tracy said...

    Great card.....your creations are breathe-taking. :)
    ♥Tracy

    scrappy critters said...

    I LOVE these cards Lauren! I am glad you got inspiration from me... I only wished I had a card that cute!! ♥

    Molly said...

    Yeah, what Cristina said! You make me want to buy everything you use!! Now if only they came with the talent that you have too! Happy Belated Birthday!!

    Mrs.Debbie said...

    I love your cards the Lime is my favorite.

    Debbie

    meredith said...

    too cute!

    scrappy critters said...

    I almost forgot.... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a great one!!♥Tammy

    Mari AKA Momo said...

    Oh these are so cute!! Love the idea of embossing the card front! Thankd for sharing! Hanppy Late Bday! XOXO Momo

    Live Love and Scrap said...

    I am LOVIN these cards!!!!! I never have thank you cards either....gasp!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    DORCAS said...

    Way cute! Gonna scrap lift this one!!!