Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Creative Card: "There's a Scare in the Air!"


These little owls are all dressed up and ready for Halloween, but there not really very scary.  I have been on another Create a Critter kick lately, so I decided to use the owls...again.  I'm not really sure how to best explain how I created the ghost outfit for the owl on the left (you could tell that he was a ghost, right?), so I decided to take a picture of the image on my Gypsy.  It was really easy and I just used a few hearts from George and Basic Shapes to create the jagged edge of his costume.


Materials Used:
  • Standard A2 Card Base
  • Mat 4 x 5 1/4" - K and Company "Handmade" Specialty Paper
  • Branch is cut at 5" using fit to length from Straight from the Nest
  • (2) Owls cut at 2.25" from Create a Critter
    • (2) wings cut out at 1.24" from Create a Critter 
    • attached with pop dots
  • "Witches Hat" cut at 1.24" from Pooh and Friends
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms "A Haunting We Will Go" set
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Martha Stewart Permanent Pen - Chesnut
  • Buttons from my stash
Did anyone else have fun watching the Cricut Imagine launch on HSN yesterday?  I loved seeing all of the beautiful projects featured on the set!  

Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday!

12 comments:

alwayscharlie said...

How cute! I love all your projects! It's always so fun to stop by and see how creative you are!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren..

Too cute for words..

Evie

Nisson Family said...

I love this card!!! It is so adorable! Thanks for sharing your talent. Love it!

Pam

joeygirl86 said...

How adorable! I love it Lauren! I've been wanting to make some Halloween Owls..that ghost costume is perfect! :) tfs!

HappyExpressions said...

Super cute! TFS!

Tracy said...

Such a cute card.

Ulysses' mama said...

So very cute! The hat looks like it was made for that owl.

Abbey (Abigail) said...

This card is soooooooo creative and super cute! I absolutely love it and I love your blog!

scrappy critters said...

sooo cute Lauren! I love those little owls!♥Tammy

Jennifer said...

Too cute...and I am so happy to finally have the Create a Critter Cartridge!!! :) It's been my favorite since its release in March, even though I didn't even own it. Now if I could just start my Scrappy Moms Stamp collection! (may have to wait until Christmas)

Nhi P. Tran said...

OMG...that is one cute ghost owl. :)

critterbugg365 said...

I love your owl card it's so adorable, I really like how you put the witch hat on one of the owls!!