Thursday, September 16, 2010

Creative Cards: Birthday Cards


We are attending a birthday party for two adorable sweet twins that are turning three this weekend!  I knew that I wanted to make them cards, but three year olds don't really care about cards.  From my own experience, sometimes it seems like little ones enjoy making modifications to the cards.  Nicole's favorite addition is normally crayon...evidently I just don't use crayons enough.  After she improves the cards, she'll say, "That's better.  See Mommy, I made it myself."  I decided to make two super simple, but cute cards for two of my favorite little ladies.  


Materials Used:
  • (2) Card Bases trimmed to 4 x 11 (I had scraps, so that's why I used this weird size versus a standard A2 sized card).  Scored at 5 1/2"
  • (2) Accent paper trimmed to 1 3/4" x 4 
  • "Poodle" cut at 3.5" from Create a Critter
    • Used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the poodle's face
    • Peachy Keen Princess Face Stamp (minus the eyebrows and nose)
    • attached with pop dots
  • "Cupcake" cut at 3.25" from Create a Critter
    • Used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the poodle's face
    • Peachy Keen Princess Face Stamp 
    • attached with pop dots
  • Sentiments from Scrappy Moms Stamps 
  • 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon from Michael's
  • Jewels from Target $1 Section (54 for $1...you may want to take a look!)


Happy Thursday!

   

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Lauren I love love these cards, they are so cute! love your blog too please visit me at http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/ I am a follower with you Debbie :)

Scrappy Mel said...

Absolutely adorable - I'm sure they will like them (even if it's just to color on - LOL)!

TFS! :)

Stephie C said...

Adorable! I so need those peachy keen face stamps!

Liliana said...

These cards are so.........CUTE! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

These are so cute!!! :) And I've been meaning to check out Target (after I saw the cute candy corn brads & other bling you had gotten from there)!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

joeygirl86 said...

These are sooo sweet! LOve the bling!

Andrea said...

I wonder if we're going to the same party...I'm also going to a birthday party for twin girls that turn 3! That would be something ;o) I love all of your scrap ideas!!!!

aremus said...

Very cute cards. I love pink and brown together.

amanda

Adrian said...

super cute!

Erin said...

Your cards are absolutely adorable!!!

I'm hosting a homemade card swap over on my blog and would love it if you would join us! http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-card-exchange-wanna.html