Sunday, September 12, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Autumn Days"



So...I spent Saturday afternoon pretending that it wasn't super humid and that the temperatures weren't pushing 100.  I spent Saturday thinking of fall!!!  Fall is my favorite time of year...even though we don't normally have much of a fall here in Texas.  It's more like "summer-lite."  

I have a few quick side notes...I finally got tweezers, so I can stop whining about trying to work with teeny pieces.  There were a lot of teeny pieces in this layout and the tweezers really did make it a lot easier (it definitely cut down on cursing in the craft room).  I did however flick a tiny owl talon across the room, which resulted in me crawling around on my hands and knees trying to find it.  I did find it...I had to find it because I did not want to cut out that tiny layer again.  Also...I just bought my little one some fall clothes and a lot of the tops and things have the cutest owls on them.  I sense a lot more "owl" themed scrapbook layouts in my future.  (Hmmm...maybe I "need" Hoot and Holler.)   





Materials Used:

  • (2) 12 x 12 cardstock bases - Bazill "Artesian Pool"
  • (2) 3 1/2 x 12 cardstock - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
    • punched border EK Success Dotted Scallop
  • (2) 2 x 12 cardstock - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 to mat 4 x 6 pictures
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 to mat 4 x 4 pictures
  • (3) "Clouds" cut at 2" from Create a Critter
  • "Tree" cut at 8.25" from Sweethearts
    • Used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the hearts
    • Welded an oval sized at 1.62" from George and Basic Shapes
    • Used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide approx. 1/3 of the leaves, then copied them 3 times, so I could cut them out in multiple colors
  • "Owl" cut at 1.5" from Create a Critter
  • "Squirrel" cut at 1.25" from Create a Critter
  • "Deer" cut at 2.25" from Create a Critter
  • "Mushrooms" cut at .67" from Create a Critter
  • "Autumn" cut at 1.79" using Real Dial Size from Wild Card
  • "days" cut at 3.25" using Real Dial Size from Wild Card font
  • "Log" cut at 4.5" using Fit to Length from Create a Critter
  • (3) "Grass" cut at 1.5" from Create a Critter
  • "Beaver" cut at 2.25" from Create a Critter
  • "Fox" cut at 2.5" from Create a Critter
  • 3/8" satin ribbon - Michael's
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap (inked EVERYTHING)
  • Martha Stewart Permanent Pen - Chesnut
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Adhesive Jewels - K and Company 

I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend!  I may have a fun surprise or two coming up next week, so I hope you check back!

15 comments:

JennyKozar said...

LOVE this - thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Jenny Kozar

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is wonderful! I love your style.

Stephie C said...

OMG you scrapbook how I wish I did LOL loveeeee this!!!

Lauren said...

I love this!! Your so talented! TFS
Lauren

joeygirl86 said...

OMG Lauren! This is super cute! I can't believe how many layouts you are whipping out! This one is very adorable, I love all the little details..the mushrooms are too cute! And that's too funny about having to search for the little owl talon..lol..thank god for those tweezers! :p

DORCAS said...

Lauren! This is gorgeous! Love your talent! Wish we lived closer! I would love to scrap with you :)

Anonymous said...

Can I say again how inspiring you are...You can never stop creating layouts..No one else can create layouts like you can...The thought that you put into all of them just creates a beautiful story..Your little one is so lucky to have a mom like you that took the time to put so much thought into creating there story..

Evie
Evie.Martino@gmail.com

liz said...

adorable! is there any other word for it? I don't think so!
liz:o)

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

OMG I just die every time I see your layouts! They are all so amazing!! I just wish I had an ounce of your talent! Just an ounce, that's all I ask! lol Please keep them coming! I look forward to them EVERY DAY!! lol ~Molly (your #1 fan!! hehe)

Scrappy Mel said...

Such an adorable layout! The owl talon bit had me laughing - I spent some "floor-time" myself during my last project! LOL

Wonderful job, as usual! :)

Nubian Crafter said...

This is super cute and the colors are perfect!!!

Jennifer said...

Ohmygoodness, Lauren!!! :) You do the best layouts...I can't wait to scrap lift this one! ;)

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh my goodness....my jaw is still on the floor =) What a super adorable layout girl!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is so incredibly cute!

EricaQ said...

This is great! I totally love it! So wonderful!