Friday, September 3, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Party Time"


Guess who acquired a corner rounder punch?  Yep, me.  Obviously, I am now obsessed with it, since I used it on every thing I possibly could for this layout.  We are in the home stretch of Nicole's first birthday layouts.  One more double layout to go, and then I'll take a break from birthday themed layouts...I promise!  (I'm also almost out of the Echo Park paper, so I'll move on it too.) 

The little girl is supposed be Nicole (I "scrap-lifted" her from one of Joanna's projects) and the little kitty is supposed to be our cat, Trouble.  I know that the black is rather random, but she's a tuxedo cat, so I needed to be accurate.  :)  
I am slightly worried that doodling on the cat ended up almost looking like a skeleton...oh well.
The photo mats are actually hot pink...they photograph red, but they really are pink.

Materials Used:

  • (2) 12 x 12 cardstock bases
  • (2) 4 x 12 yellow patterned paper
    • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • (2) 2 x 12 yellow patterned paper
    • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • (2) 2 x 12 floral patterned paper
    • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • Photo Mats:
    • (4) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 to mat 4 x 4 pictures
      • EK Success Corner Rounder
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 to mat 4 x 6 pictures
      • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • "Party Time" from Cherry Limeade and welded using my Gypsy
    • "Party Hats" from Sweet Treats and welded using my Gypsy
    • attached with pop-dots
  • "Cat" cut at 2.29" from Sugar and Spice
    • "Party Hat" cut at 1.25" from Sweet Treats
    • attached with pop-dots
  • "Tag" cut at 3.5" from Sweet Treats
    • EK Success Corner Rounder
    • attached with pop-dots
  • "Girl" cut at 3.25" from Sugar and Spice
    • PK Princess Face Stamp
    • "Party Hat" cut at 1.25" from Sweet Treats
    • "Balloon" cut at 2.69" from Create a Critter
    • attached with pop-dots
  • 3/8" Satin Ribbon - Michael's
  • Paper Flowers - $1 section of Target
    • brads - $1 section of Joann's
    • attached with pop-dots
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend!

12 comments:

Amanda Villarreal said...

I love this! The light blue against the red is really pretty.

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this LO!!! Sooooooo cute

HappyExpressions said...

Super cute! Great Job on this LO!

Scrappy Mel said...

I just LOVE your layouts! They are so colorful and fun! We have a black and white kitty too - his name is JoJo. :)

How creative (lol) to tie the ribbon around the photo mats - I love it!

Adrian said...

Very nice, u do great work!

TheFishie said...

Very cute. The ribbon adds that extra pop. As for corner rounders, I completely understand your new obsession. I wore out my little Fiskars corner punch and finally upgraded to a Corner Chomper. Now I can go nuts and even punch chipboard!

Dittmia said...

I love that you did a 2 page layout. When you have kids and so many photos, it's great to be able to put more than 1 picture in the layouts. The color combination is so bright and happy. Keep these layouts coming....you are a great inspiration.

Carol said...

Lauren continue doing layouts, i love them and you give me great ideas! I love your detail work with the little dots or lines around the different cut outs, it gives it so much depth!

creativeprincess said...

I can't believe how much detail you put into your layouts each and everyone inspires me to spend more time on my next ones!
Tara

http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

joeygirl86 said...

How adorable! I love this LO! ...just to let you know, you have inspired me to finally get my daughters layouts done! lol..I have a lot of catching up to do! tfs!

DORCAS said...

I so need you over here! These layouts are simply AMAZING!!!!!

Dedrah said...

just browsing you blog from a tip from peachkeen stamps on facebook. I love your birthday LOs. I happen to notice that your cats' name is "trouble". I have a cat named "trouble" too. He is dark gray (so super soft) but has been a ton of tolerable trouble for the last almost 13 years. never thought i would come across another "trouble". ; )