Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Play"



I recently started designing my scrapbook layouts in a completely different way.  I thought some of you might enjoy seeing how I put together a scrapbook layout...from start to finish!  Hope you enjoy the video!





        

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 cardstock bases
  • (1) 12 x 12 patterned paper trimmed to 10 x 12 and then split in half - you end up with 2 - 6 x 10 pieces of paper
    • Paper - ki Memories "Toy Box" collection
    • used the corner rounder on the outside corners
  • (2) 2 x 7 glitter paper and (2) 3 x 7 cardstock
    • used the corner rounder on the outside corners
    • attached 7/8" grosgrain ribbon to the green glitter cardstock
    • punched the pink cardstock with EK Success "Dotted" Scallop Punch
  • Photo Mats
  • (4) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 to mat a 4 x 4 picture
  • (2) 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 and 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 to mat a 4 x 6 picture
  • Play cut at 4.75" from Gypsy Wanderings
  • Xylophone cut at 3.25" from B is for Boy
  • Keys cut at 3.25" from B is for Boy
  • Wagon cut at 3.38" from Sugar and Spice
  • Teddy Bear cut at 3" from Sugar and Spice
  • Bunny cut at 3.25" from Sugar and Spice
  • Sock Monkey cut at 3.25" from Sugar and Spice
  • Stacking Toy cut at 3" from B is for Boy
  • Ball cut at 2.25" from Sugar and Spice (used hide contour feature to hide the jacks)
  • Buttons from my stash 
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Martha Stewart Pen - Chesnut

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Mari AKA Momo said...

You are truly amazing my friend!! Your layouts never seize to amaze me!!! They are STUNNING!!!! Thanks for the video. It is going to help me get back into the scrapbooking GROOVE!!! XOXO Momo

Abby said...

OMG Your LOs are always sooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

First, when I saw that you had a new post listed on my blogger I gasped! (literally!) Then I came over and I drooled over the pics. AND THEN I saw that you had a video on it and I about died!!! OMG!!! I LOOOOOVE your layouts sooo much!! You are amazing! Still my fave!! In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I DIE!!" lol
~Molly

Kate said...

I never thought about using the 12x24 mat on my gypsy, what a brilliant idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I love your LO.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren...

You have amazing talent with your layouts...I always look forward to seeing the next one...

Evie

Mrs B said...

Oh, really cute layout! Thanks for sharing your creative thought process!
CindyB

HappyExpressions said...

Super cute Lo!

erin lee creative said...

OMG! This layout is amazing! Thank you for sharing the video from start to finish, great!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

I Love your layout! Thanks for sharing your tips. I really don't scrapbook but this is a great way to learn. TFS!

Scrappy Mel said...

This is the CUTEST layout EVER!!! I am so jealous of your scrapbooking skills - I have been scrapbooking for 11 years and my layouts are NOWHERE near as cute! :)

Great tutorial too!!!

liz said...

lauren, your layouts are so cute! ANother winner!
liz:o)

joeygirl86 said...

OMG what a cute cute layout! I love the little guys in the wagon! All of the details are just great! ...can you tell me how you copy and paste on the gypsy? I think i missed that part, but I didn't know you could do that! thanks :)

the cricutologist said...

Lauren this LO is so cute!!! Love the idea of designing on 12X24 mat! You inspired me to buy B is for Boy. My friend share it. You did great!!! What camera do you use to film? I need to get something. Your videos are so clear and crisp!

Lauren B. said...

Cricutologist - I'm so glad you like the layout. I use the Sony Cybershot with 14.1 megapixels. I use it to take pictures and videos. Hope that helps!

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Your creations are absolutely AMAZING!!! :) I am so impressed...the level of details, always!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share (especially with such a helpful video),

Jennifer

Live Love and Scrap said...

You are AMAZING!!!! I LOVED watching your video and seeing you create!!!!!!!
I love all the details on your layout....the wagon with the guys in it is just tooo stinkin cute!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Carrie M. said...

what a great page!! Although I don't have a Gypsy (yet) I learned a lot from this video (the stitching tip is fantastic!!) I'm new here, so I look forward to wandering through your past posts.

Anonymous said...

What a cool and helpful Way to scrapbook. Thanks. I knew about removing the chain link for sizing but never thought to use real dial size too! Grateful for the tip.
Crictutgirlg

DORCAS said...

This layout is breath taking! You are goooood!!!!!

Michele said...

I just love all of your layouts and cards. What a great video. I am super tired at the momemt, and your video has inspired me to go be creative. It's nice to hear that other scrapbookers get overwhlemed or in a rut of everything always looking the same. Thanks for sharing.