For this week's Throwback Thursday Challenge, Emma chose to do a "Cricut-less" card. The only guidelines this week were to leave your Cricut turned off and use patterned paper. I didn't make cards before I had my Cricut, so this is definitely out of my comfort-zone. I did manage to use my X-Acto knife without injury, so that was a plus! It is super cloudy and rainy here today which is why the pictures are a bit dark. Do any of you have any suggestions for a good work light?
|This is my "pop-up" portion of the card.|
Just in case you haven't seen the brand new Winter Wishes stamp set from Scrappy Moms Stamps - take a look! Melanie and Tammy are currently taking pre-orders!
- Standard A2 Card Base
- Mat - trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4
- Image - trimmed patterned paper down to 3 3/4 x 5
- "Pop-up" - trimmed another section of patterned paper to 3 3/4 x 5 and then used my X-Acto knife to trim away the sky portion. Once that was completed, I scored it 1/2" from the bottom of the paper and a 1/4" from the bottom to create the "pop-up" feature. To help hold it up, I used 3 pop dots stuck together. (I know that there's probably a better/easier way, but the "pop-up" feature was a game-time decision.)
- Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Winter Wishes Set
- 7/8" Gingham Ribbon - Michael's
- Stickles - Frosted Lace
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!