I never sent Christmas cards before Nicole was born, but once she got here I couldn't wait to send out Christmas cards with her adorable little mug on it. Of course, I didn't realize that she would develop a habit of scowling whenever she sees a camera. Last year she had brunch with Santa and Mrs. Claus and was over the moon... right up until it was time to have her picture made. When I saw this particular sentiment from the brand new Winter Wishes Scrappy Moms Stamp set, I immediately thought of this picture.
|I promise that she was thrilled two seconds before this was taken!|
This is a pretty simple layout, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I had originally wanted to use the plaid paper for the background, but I didn't have a full 12 x 12 piece of it left, so I used a plain 12 x 12 and just strips of colored and patterned paper to cover it up.
- (1) 12 x 12 cardstock base
- (1) 3 1/4 x 12 - plaid cardstock
- (1) 4 x 12 - plaid cardstock
- (1) 8 1/2 x 11 - green cardstock
- (1) 7 x 10 - flocked cardstock
- Photo Mats
- 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 and 5 1/4 x 7 1/4
- "Good Tidings" cut at 6" from Winter Frolic using fit to length feature
- (3) "Ornaments" cut at 4 1/2" from Winter Frolic
- "Photo Corner" cut at 2" from Straight from the Nest (I got this idea from Sarah at Live, Love, & SCRAP)
- "Tag" cut at 2 1/4" from Winter Frolic
- "Dear Santa, Define Good..." from the Scrappy Moms Winter Wishes set
- Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Garnet & Peridot
- Stickles - Diamond
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Hope you are having a wonderful day!