Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Dear Santa, Define "Good..."

I never sent Christmas cards before Nicole was born, but once she got here I couldn't wait to send out Christmas cards with her adorable little mug on it.  Of course, I didn't realize that she would develop a habit of scowling whenever she sees a camera.  Last year she had brunch with Santa and Mrs. Claus and was over the moon... right up until it was time to have her picture made.  When I saw this particular sentiment from the brand new Winter Wishes Scrappy Moms Stamp set, I immediately thought of this picture.  

I promise that she was thrilled two seconds before this was taken!
This is a pretty simple layout, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I had originally wanted to use the plaid paper for the background, but I didn't have a full 12 x 12 piece of it left, so I used a plain 12 x 12 and just strips of colored and patterned paper to cover it up.

Materials Used:
  • (1) 12 x 12 cardstock base
  • (1) 3 1/4 x 12 - plaid cardstock
  • (1) 4 x 12 - plaid cardstock
  • (1) 8 1/2 x 11 - green cardstock
  • (1) 7 x 10 - flocked cardstock
  • Photo Mats
    • 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 and 5 1/4 x 7 1/4
  • "Good Tidings" cut at 6" from Winter Frolic using fit to length feature
  • (3) "Ornaments" cut at 4 1/2" from Winter Frolic
  • "Photo Corner" cut at 2" from Straight from the Nest (I got this idea from Sarah at Live, Love, & SCRAP)
  • "Tag" cut at 2 1/4" from Winter Frolic
  • "Dear Santa, Define Good..." from the Scrappy Moms Winter Wishes set
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Garnet & Peridot
  • Stickles - Diamond
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

Such a cute way to use this stamp - I LOVE IT!! Don't worry Nicole isn't the only one, ALL OF MY KIDS DID THIS!

Last year at our family Christmas party, Santa stopped by to deliver presents and Andrew thought it was just FABULOUS! He was pointing and saying, "Santa! Santa!" with a big smile and clapping.... Until his turn to sit on Santa's lap, then he had an ATOMIC MELT-DOWN! Kids, go figure!!

Great layout, someday Nicole can look at this when her kids do the same thing, LOL!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

Adorable as always!! I am definitely getting those stamps!! I'm even pre-ordering if possible! :-)

Love Is In The Details said...

Oh my gosh I just love your stuff! You are the reason I HAD to have my last set of Scrappy Moms stamps, now I Have to have this set too and I've only seen a few projects :) Love them and how you use them! Andrea

Richelle said...

so cute..i am a big fan..are you going to make a dvd at all?? your dvd would be extremely popular...thanks for inspiring me..

Ulysses' mama said...

So amazingly cute! I Love following your blog, everything is so creative!

Lisa Davis said...

Very cute layout Lauren, I just love your use of color! tfs
Lisa

HappyExpressions said...

So adorable! so super cute! TFS!

David said...

The cutest layout ever! LOVE IT♥

Giselle said...

very cute, the papers look great. I'm loving that sentiment :)

Dawnica said...

Great job Lauren!
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Gorgeous.... Once again!!!

joeygirl86 said...

Awww what a cute LO! I know what you mean about sending out xmas cards..having the baby around really makes you WANT to send them! ..I love the big ornaments too! :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Lauren =)
I am LOVING this layout!!! Your ornaments are just tooooo cute! Love the pic of your baby girl and love the story!!!

hugs,
Sarah

critterbugg365 said...

I love this LO!! Your daughter reminds me so much of my son, he hates taking pictures and it makes me sad because I love scrapbooking so much!