I mentioned a few days ago that I was working on a home decor project...well this is it. I really like THIS Halloween wall hanging from Pottery Barn Kids, but I don't want to spend $59 dollars on it. If I had realized how easy this project would be, I would have changed a few things. Let me save you some time...
- If you decide to display your project behind glass, you can probably skip the Mod Podge.
- If you decide to do an 8 x 10 project to frame, you can probably skip the canvas and just use a piece of cardstock instead. (This will also save you from having to paint the background.)
- Because this project is soo ridiculously easy, you could use a bigger actual artist's canvas and emulate the Pottery Barn Kids project exactly - instead of being a chicken like me. I thought I should start small, but there's really no need.
Ok...that should save you about an hour and a half! :)
- 8 x 10 canvas - Michael's (sold in a 3 pack)
- Orange Acrylic Paint
- "Happy Halloween" cut at 2.88 from Wild Card using real dial size
- "Tree" cut at 8.03 from Paper Doll Dress-Up
- "Fence" cut twice at 1.12 from Paper Doll Dress Up
- 3 x 8 piece of patterned cardstock torn and inked
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Mod Podge - Matte