Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Favors


I decided to put together some treat bags for my nieces' Halloween presents.  I didn't want to just give them candy, so decided on some Momo inspired projects.  I'm sure most of you know Momo from Made by Momo, but if for some reason you haven't run across her awesome blog - check it out HERE
Each treat bag contains one decorated composition book and two pencils.  I found the little composition books at Target and the pencils are also from Target's $1 section.  While it might not be reasonable to do treat bags for an entire class, these would make cute treats for any VIP trick or treaters.    



Materials Used:
  • Decorated Composition Books - Momo's Tutorial HERE
  • Pencil/Lollipop Holder - Momo's Tutorial HERE
  • Stamped Sentiments from Scrappy Moms A Haunting We Will Go set
  • Patterned Papers from K & Company Tim Coffey Halloween 
  • Bats and Spiders from Paper Doll Dress-Up cut at 2" using real dial size
  • Cellophane Bags
  • Toppers - 
    • Base - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 - scored at 5 1/4
    • Mat - 2 x 4
  • 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Michael's
  • Ghost - Imaginisce Spooky Town Chipboard Sticker (Thanks Emma!)
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Obsidian
  • Jewels from Target's $1 section






7 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

What a great idea! I love the pencil holders and the that paper you used is perfect! I looove K&Co! tfs :)

Janis said...

These are super adorable! I love it! :) Janis

~Heidi said...

These are really spooktacular!

Dawnica said...

Lauren these are so cute. I love the papers, just awesome!
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Your treat bage turned out so awesome! I love them!

HappyPlaceJen said...

These treat bags are SUPER cute, Lauren! This is my 1st comment on your blog so I thought I'd also tell you that I love your style! Keep those creative juices flowing because you are very inspirational! :) ~Jen

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

What lucky nieces you have! You did an amazing job!!! :) They are going to love them!

Thanks so much for sharing (you're really an inspiration),

Jennifer