Monday, September 27, 2010

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #37




I am having a major case of "mommy-guilt" today stemming from an atomic meltdown at a certain someone's Little Gym class.  My short-term cure for a case of "mommy-guilt" is to craft during nap time.  To challenge myself because I couldn't seem to get out of my head and think of something creative on my own - I decided to try Peachy Keen's sketch challenge.  I've done a few scrapbook sketch challenges, but never a card, so it was fun to try something new.  Here's a look at the sketch; how do you think I did?


You still have until Sunday, October 3rd to particpate, if you are interested.  Click HERE for more details!  

Materials Used:
  • Easel Card: 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 4 
  • Smaller Mats trimmed to 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
    • attached using pop dots
  • Scallop Border cut at 4" using "Fit to Length" from Straight from the Nest
  • Party Hat cut at 2 1/4" from Straight from the Nest
    • attached using pop dots
    • Peachy Keen Princess Face Stamp (to make the face fit my party hat - I inked and stamped one part at a time)
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps Sweet Somethings set
  • 7/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • 3/8" satin ribbon
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sharpie Fine Point Pen - Black
  • Gems - $1 Section at Target

Thanks so much for the suggestions about a craft light - sounds like I need to use a coupon at Michael's and get an Ott Light.  
Hope you are all having a great Monday!

29 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this card! I love the colors!

Also, about the Ott Lite; Joann's also carries them and they are sometimes on sale. This is where I got mine.

LBCrafts said...

This is adorable. I love the colours and the whole card in general. Great work!

Laurie

I got an amazing deal on an Ott light at Costco ... but I'm in Canada, you never know you might get them there too!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Abby said...

This is the CUTEST thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented!!!!!!!!

joeygirl86 said...

Lauren I think you did great on the sketch challenge! That little party hat is too cute!

Tracy said...

Your card from the sketch turned out perfectly.
I have yet to make an easel card.
I was thinking of getting an OTT light myself.

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is so cute! I love the bright cheery colors. Thanks for sharing that great little tip on how you made the face fit your little hat. I'll have to use that some time.

dreenie said...

very cute card!! i just love the colors!

girlia said...

OMG!!This card is soooooo cute. This card is awesome.

Melissa said...

This is such a pretty card and to incorporate the sketch too, great job!

Gaby ~ Scrapabookaholic said...

You did great!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

You did great!! Love it. Super cute card!!

Carol<>< said...

so cute! :)
Carol<><

Jen said...

I love your cards...they are so cute! Your blog is adorable too!! I'm so glad I found your blog.. I just became a follower and can't wait to see all of your creations.
Jen(jennyscards.blogspot.com)

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! I love what you did with the sketch - I would have never thought to turn it into an easel card. :)

critterbugg365 said...

OMG that is so perfect!! I know what you mean about the little one's melt downs LOL!

Raven B said...

I think this is just fabulous!!!
That face is adorable.
Hugs,
Raven

Mari AKA Momo said...

Adorable!!! I just love the colors and paper you used!!! XOXO Momo

liz said...

too cute! I love the cheerful colors!
liz :o)

Erika Valdez said...

You did an awsome job! The colors are so pretty!!

Janice W. said...

What an adorable card, and I LOVE the bright bold colors!! Good luck with the PKS challenge! So glad you played along!

Carol L. said...

This is such a cute card! I love everything about it! you have a great talent, all your card are to die for... I am for sure your newest follower, I will be coming back to ck your new creations! I hope you have a bless day!

sweet hugs,
Carol L.
(carolssweetcreations.blogspot.com)

erin lee creative said...

YAYYYY! YOU WON! Congrats girl, you totally deserve it. This card is just too presh! WOOT WOOT!

Kim H said...

Congrats on your win! This card is amazing! I LOVE all the bright colors, very cheerful and just perfect! About the meltdown... I only have to say... join the croud!lol. It's okay... look what a beautiful card you created and your baby is even more beautiful!
tfs
Kim H

kleirrskreation said...

Congrats Lauren. Your card entry was absolutely gorgeous!

Viv said...

Your gorgeous card is a worthy winner Lauren!! So bright and fun!! Thanks for playing along with us!! Hugs Viv xxx

Steph said...

after looking at your blog the past several weeks and loving all of your stuff i have finally decided to break down and purchase the peachy keen face stamps. i have the white gelly roll pen for the eyes but how do you get the cheeks pink?

Lauren B. said...

Steph - I have used a bunch of different things to give the faces pink cheeks...from eye shadow (seriously, I'm not joking - I saw it on a Martha Stewart show a long time ago). Lately I've been using watercolor colored pencils. I know most people use chalk that you can find in most craft stores. I keep meaning to pick some up, but somehow I forget EVERY time I'm at the craft store. Hope that helps! :)

Steph said...

yes it does, thank you so much. Ill have to try those techniques out!