Friday, September 24, 2010

"Sweet Pea" Scrapbook Layout


Alright...since the Imagine and I are still in the early stages of our relationship, I decided that I should really make it work and try a double layout.  I have to tell you that this took forever.  (Forever = 2 afternoons)  I think I mentioned this in my last post, but I am so dependent on my Gypsy.  I like having a plan before I start a project, so I think without my Gypsy - I spend a lot of time hemming and hawing over what images to use and what size to choose.  Hopefully the Gypsy update will be ready in a few weeks.  

With all that being said, I do really like the images on Nursery Tails.  All of the little animals remind me of the vintage illustrations from Golden Books.  I decided to use some images from B is for Boy and Sugar and Spice to help round out the layout.  If you don't have the Imagine, but like the feel of this layout...you might try the little bunny from Winter Woodland and DCWV Nana's Nursery - Girl paper stack.  

The 4 x 6 photo mat is popped up using pop dots.  

The little sweet peas are from B is for Boy and the flowers are from Sugar and Spice.
Of course I inked everything and did lots of doodling...I can't help it!

I did learn that the Imagine images aren't colorfast...some of the glue leaked out and you can see where it's darker pink around the image on the bodice.

I wanted to take a minute and say hello to some new friends that found me after super sweet Angelica from Peachy Keen Stamps featured me on their Facebook page.  Welcome!

16 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

SO, SO BEAUTIFUL!! It does look like a page from a children's book - FABULOUS JOB! Even if it took 2 days! LOL

I'm glad you are having fun with your new Imagine! :)

Kathy said...

Beautiful layout! I love all the detail and dimension!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

I wish everyone who is complaining about the Imagine could see your layouts! You are so talented! Do you have a facebook page?

creativeprincess said...

I can't get enough of your layouts! They are just so detailed, I love it!
Tara

Maggie said...

This is beautiful.. luv the colours.
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

great layout. so much detail - I can see it taking 2 days!! (if not longer for me!!!)

Trisha said...

absolutely gorgeous layout as usual Lauren!!! This turned out adorable! Have you ever though about about selling predesigned scrapbooks??? I'm sure a ton of people who aren't very crafty would be willing to pay money for your beautiful work!
Trish

iluvmybugs said...

Beautiful layout...well worth the two days to create!! TFS
Terry

scrappy critters said...

It is gorgeous! I love it and now I am wanting an IMAGINE!Keep us posted on how much you are loving it♥

HappyExpressions said...

Very pretty LO!

Live Love and Scrap said...

OH NO Lauren!!!!! I didnt want an Imagine until Now =)
You rocked it girl!!! Its BEAUTIFUL!!!

hugs,
Sarah

quilt4fun2 said...

Momo sent me over and I am glad she did! Your pages are so nicely done. Love the colors.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

GiGi said...

This is so, so, SO CUTE! I love it!

joeygirl86 said...

Great LO Lauren! I love the little dress!

Angelica said...

Lauren. I have to admit the Imagine wasn't something I even considered purchasing and this LO has me researching a bit more because this is GORGEOUS girl!!! Just GORGEOUS! Great job!! :) Angelica

critterbugg365 said...

This layout is so pretty, I am loving what you are making with your Imagine...I can't wait to see more.