Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Purple Challenge...

Christina from Card Creations and More by C invited me to be a guest designer for her latest challenge.  There were two requirements - use purple and try something new.  I learned something important...evidently I don't like purple.  I thought I liked purple, but if you look in my patterned paper - it's pretty purple-free.  I also tried an S-fold card for the first time.  If you'd like to join Christina's newest challenge, you can find all of the information HERE!  Thanks again Christina!  Make sure to hop over to her blog and check out her beautiful cards!


Materials Used:
  • Card Base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 - scored at 2 1/8 and 5 1/2
  • Patterned Paper - DCWV Flower Shower Stack (yes, I'm still bound and determined to use all of it.)
  • Purse cut at 3" from Paisley
  • Cuttlebug A2 Paisley Embossing Folder
  • Sentiment: Scrappy Moms Sweet Somethings set
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk Ink - lavendar
  • Jewels - $1 section at Target
  • EK Success Corner Rounder

I'm still sick - boo!  How long do you think you can survive on Saltine's and ginger ale?  :)  


13 comments:

Abby said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! I love those stamps!!!!! they are just perfect in every way!!!

Jen said...

This is beautiful and I love the colors too. I like the stamps as well. Great job! Hope you feel better soon.
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

I'm sorry your still sick - hope you feel better ASAP!

Your cards is adorable - you should use purple more often! LOL

HappyExpressions said...

Very Pretty!

flowerdisco said...

came here from Momo's. love your work so much I am following you now :)

PinkBlingCrafter said...

What a fabulous card. Love it!!!!

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Hope you're feeling better!!! :)

Love your s-fold card!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

YAY!! Congrats on going over 500!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Very nice card! Maybe you liked purple so well you used all you had up and need to get more??
Maybe you were not in the purple mood because you are sick...Feel better soon!

Mari AKA Momo said...

LOL!!! You made me smile!!! :o) Love it my friend! XOXO Momo P.S. Hope you feel better soon! XOXO Momo

buglvr2010 said...

I love your card....so pretty! I'm sorry your feeling under the weather....I hope you feel better soon.

Angie said...

This is very pretty!!!

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Lauren~ great card. For not liking purple you sure managed to sneak it in there quite beautifully.
Hope you get better soon!
Take care,
Sonia