This is an example of how to spend 2 hours on a super simple layout...and still not like it. You know I share the good with the not so good, so "ta-da!" I started working on this last night during Cristina's UStream class. Did you go? If not, make sure to catch the next one! It was so much fun watching Cristina craft and chatting with everyone!
My original plan was to use a ruler for a border to go with "You Measure up!" Um, yeah...that didn't work out. The only ruler I have is from the Imagine More cartridge. I tried it, but it just didn't work out. You may remember from my Scrapbook Layout video that when I feel like a scrapbook layout needs something, I tend to add buttons. You can see I added a lot of buttons. On a positive note, I did finally seem to master the Martha Stewart Scalloped Rotary Cutter. Woohoo!
- 12 x 12 base
- Scalloped Circle cut at 9" from the Imagine Best Friends cartridge
- Girl cut at 5" from Imagine Best Friends
- Marquee Tag cut at 1.7" from Imagine Best Friends
- (2) 2 x 12 blue cardstock
- Martha Stewart Scalloped Rotary Cutter
- (2) Martha Stewart Borders
- Sentiment from Scrappy Moms A Pinch and a Dash set
- Buttons - from my stash
- Hemp Twine - Michael's
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
So even though I have had all of the materials to make Nicole's Minnie Mouse costume for almost two months, I still haven't started it. I am going to make a shirt with a Minnie silhouette (using either my Cricut or Imagine to cut the fabric), a red tutu with button polka dots and of course Minnie ears. I need to work on it this weekend and I can't decide whether or not I want to video it or not. I need your help to decide!
Have a great weekend! Don't forget to head over to the Scrappy Moms blog to check out all of the amazing sneak peeks from the design team!