Friday, October 22, 2010

"You Measure Up"


This is an example of how to spend 2 hours on a super simple layout...and still not like it.  You know I share the good with the not so good, so "ta-da!"  I started working on this last night during Cristina's UStream class.  Did you go?  If not, make sure to catch the next one!  It was so much fun watching Cristina craft and chatting with everyone!  

My original plan was to use a ruler for a border to go with "You Measure up!"  Um, yeah...that didn't work out.  The only ruler I have is from the Imagine More cartridge.  I tried it, but it just didn't work out.  You may remember from my Scrapbook Layout video that when I feel like a scrapbook layout needs something, I tend to add buttons.  You can see I added a lot of buttons.  On a positive note, I did finally seem to master the Martha Stewart Scalloped Rotary Cutter.  Woohoo!

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • Scalloped Circle cut at 9" from the Imagine Best Friends cartridge
  • Girl cut at 5" from Imagine Best Friends
  • Marquee Tag cut at 1.7" from Imagine Best Friends
  • (2) 2 x 12 blue cardstock 
    • Martha Stewart Scalloped Rotary Cutter
  • (2) Martha Stewart Borders
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms A Pinch and a Dash set
  • Buttons - from my stash 
  • Hemp Twine - Michael's
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
So even though I have had all of the materials to make Nicole's Minnie Mouse costume for almost two months, I still haven't started it.  I am going to make a shirt with a Minnie silhouette (using either my Cricut or Imagine to cut the fabric), a red tutu with button polka dots and of course Minnie ears. I need to work on it this weekend and I can't decide whether or not I want to video it or not.  I need your help to decide!   
Would you like to see a tutu how-to?
Definitely
Not so much

  
pollcode.com free polls
Have a great weekend!  Don't forget to head over to the Scrappy Moms blog to check out all of the amazing sneak peeks from the design team!



9 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

I think it turned out cute! But, I do know what you mean... I have SEVERAL layouts that seemed soooo cute in my head and didn't transfer to paper as well. But just remember that the important things to to get the photos scrapbooked. :)

CraftyKatDesign said...

where did you find your blog template? I'm having a really hard time figuring out where to find something good for my blog i just started.

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

@CraftyKatDesign - she got it from www.designerblogs.com. Tell them Lauren B. sent you over :-)

Lauren,
I think it's cute!! And what is this rotary scallop thing you speak of? I must research! Nicole is soooo cute! I love her smile!!

~Molly

liz said...

your layout is so cute! I like that you did one for the stamps!
liz :o)

creativeprincess said...

The buttons make the page! Great work!
Tara

buglvr2010 said...

So cute...I love it!

joeygirl86 said...

That is adorable! WHat a cutie pie you have!

Michele said...

I have been checking out your blog here and there... and even the layouts you don't like... I love!! Super cute. Love your work.

Minta's Creations said...

Love your blog!
I'm your newest follower...
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/