Monday, November 15, 2010

Disney Autograph Book Part 1 of 1 Million


Alright, I'm slowly but surely feeling more crafty.  Thank you so much for all of your encouraging comments!  I decided that I need to go ahead and get started on Nicole's autograph book for our Disney trip.  We are going to Disney World in February, so I thought it would be fun to make a special autograph book for her.  I will still scrapbook all of the pictures, (ALL of the pictures...aack! I need to get completely caught up before we go!!!) but I thought Nicole would enjoy a book all of her very own to look at once we're home.






My Plan:  Keep it simple - I have a LOT of layouts to complete, so I can't make them super complicated.      I'll try to post them in groups: Mickey and Friends, Fairies, Princesses, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, and Toy Story - hopefully you won't get too tired of all the Disney.  I may have lost my mind...I just looked over at my list of layouts to do and it's A LOT!   

Materials Used:

  • Mickey LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Mickey Mouse" title cut at 1.84" (or 4" fit to length) from Mickey Font
    • "Mickey Mouse" cut at 6" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Mickey Border" welded two together and then chose 8" width using Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Garnet
  • Minnie LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Minnie Mouse" title cut at 1.86" (or 4" fit to length) from Mickey Font
    • "Minnie Mouse" cut at 5.5" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Bow Border" welded two together and then chose 8" width using the Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Tourmaline and Turquoise
    • Turquoise Gems - Target $1 Section
  • Pluto LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Pluto" Title cut at 2.5" from Mickey and Friends
    • "Pluto" cut at 4" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Bone Border" welded two together and chose 8" width using the Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Marble Carrera, Garnet
  • Goofy LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Goofy" Title cut at 2" from Mickey and Friends
    • "Goofy" cut at 6" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Goofy's Hat Border" welded two together and chose 8" width using the Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Peridot
    • Orange Gems - Target $1 Section
  • Donald LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Donald Duck" Title cut at 2.18" (4" fit to length) from Mickey and Friends
    • "Donald Duck" cut at 4.75" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Donald's Hat Border" welded two together and chose 8" width using the Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Lapis Lazuli, Garnet
  • Daisy LO
    • (2) 8x8 cardstock bases
    • Photo Mat - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • "Daisy Duck" Title cut at 1.75" from Mickey and Friends
    • "Daisy Duck" cut at 5.5" from Mickey and Friends
    • (2)"Flower Border" welded three together and chose 8" width using the Gypsy from Mickey and Friends
    • "Tag" cut at 5.75" from Tags Bags Boxes and More 
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Purple Saphire
    • Purple Gems - Target $1 Section

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Check back tomorrow for another post!  After receiving LOTS of requests, I finally filmed a video of how I add faux stitching and doodling to my projects.  

20 comments:

HappyPlaceJen said...

Super cute, Lauren! I'm sure Nicole will treasure that album forever! You're definitely going to be busy on that trip hunting all of those characters down - LOL! :)

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE! I love Disney stuff and your little girl is going to TREASURE this book!!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

YAY!! She's baaaacck!! I can't wait to see the rest!!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

p.s. You sure have lots of glitter glue colors! Where'd you get those? hehe

got my card this weekend. Love it! Thanks!

critterbugg365 said...

This is so adorable! I love the Mickey and Minnie pages!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Great job, Lauren! You are a brave woment to take on such a task. I know your daughter is going to love this autograph book.

Crafting Katie said...

This is so cute! The bright colors on the kraft background look fabulous! Your daughter must love it!

StephanieR said...

Very cute!! I have felt the same way, I guess it is the time of year lol!! But I feel like I have lost all of my creativity, but I am slowly getting it back! Don't give up because you always have the best projects, and they are always beautifully done :)

Dawnica said...

These are adorable Lauren!! Love them.
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

YAY!! Your MOJO is BACK!!! lol...I'm loving this! I always forget about that Mickey cart but it has so many good cuts on it! Your duaghter will love this when she is older and can really appreciate it! Good job girly..I can't wait to seee more! :)

Cristi said...

WOW, so simple but so beautiful!!! I love them all!
HUGS
Cristi

Savahanna said...

Geez You are on a roll. You always seem to amaze me with your never ending talent. Great job.

creativeprincess said...

This will be a lot of work but I can already tell it is going to be wonderful when it is completed and something that will be cherished for years to come!
Keep the creative juices flowing!
Tara

Nadia said...

You've done it again! How could anyone improve on Disney? You have! These are great!!!

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is looking amazing, a wonderful keepsake for your daughter.
Kim xXx

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh - these are so beautiful!! I love them, can't wait to see more! :)

Wendy said...

These are soo super cute! Your daughter will love it! Wish they had the cricut 14 yrs ago when I took my kids to Disney World, this would have been great, oh and don't feel so bad, I still have those photos to scrapbook! lol

Live Love and Scrap said...

WOW!!!! Its AMAZING!!!! Great job Lauren....your daughter will treasure it FOREVER!!! We LOVE Disneyland and go whenever we can!!! My boys dont really want to visit the characters =( I have always wanted to make an autograph book...but it would be empty LOL!!!

hugs,
Sarah

The Halls said...

I just got my very first Cricut and was looking for ideas for my daughters birthday party and found your Minnie Mouse party videos. I LOVE them by the way. And I saw these autograph layouts. SUPER CUTE!! We are taking my almost 2 year old daughter to Disney World in September. You had mentioned that you were making layouts for more characters, but I cant seem to find them. Am I just missing them or is this all you made??

Lauren B. said...

@The Halls - I actually ended up not making any more layouts for an autograph book. I decided at the last minute to use these layouts for a book that she could keep in her room. We went in February of this year and my daughter had a blast! She was not very patient about waiting in line for characters. We did have a few character dining experiences and that seemed to work better for her. She honestly didn't care about their autographs. I am slowly but surely working through our pictures from Disney. I did finish a princess layout and a Pooh Bear layout a few weeks ago. You can find them under the "Scrapbook" tab at the top of the page. I have all of my layouts organized by cartridge. I hope that helps! I know you will all have a fabulous trip!