Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faux Stitching How-to

I have gotten quite a few requests to do a video on how I add the faux stitching and doodling to my projects.  I normally tell people that it's just trial and error - which it is - but I decided a video might help.  I certainly hope it does!


Tips


Pens: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White & Pigma Micron 03 Pen - Black 
I found mine at Michael's and Joann's, but you can also find the Sakura Gelly Roll Pen at Peachy Keen Stamps online - HERE.  

Grid Mat - helps to ensure even spacing
I use the Martha Stewart 12 x 12 Craft Mat, but there are LOTS out there.


Use white or metallic pens on dark cardstock and darker pens on light colored cardstock.


Here are some of my FAVORITE projects that include LOTS of stitching and doodling:
Autumn Days Scrapbook Layout
Celebrate Scrapbook Layout
Owl Love You Always Scrapbook Layout
Play Scrapbook Layout
Amusing Animals Card Set
Sweet Birthday Wishes Card




Have a wonderful day!




13 comments:

sucor said...

Thank you for sharing this helpful video!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Thanks Lauren. I tend to doodle on almost every project I make and it's always nice to see how others do theirs.

Luv Scrapping Together said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mocha Scrapper said...

Thanks Lauren for the tips! I needed some guidance so my stitching came out even and neat...very helpful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lauren for taking the time to make this video.As a beginner to all of this, I am finding all these tips most helpful.Thanks again Liz

Mrs.Debbie said...

I love this idea but could you do a video on making a DC I don't care what one I'm having a little trouble with that on all carts. from cut to finish please

Hugs Debbie

I love your blog

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Thanks so much for taking the time to make a great tutorial!!! :) Your doodling is the best! It was fun to look back at your favorite projects that had a lot of doodling on them, too!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Mary said...

Thank you for caring and sharing, you're the best! Loved the video, I'm going to try this doodling, dot to dot, looks very calming.
mhalford6 @aol. com

Nadia said...

Great video!

Wendy said...

Thank you for all the wonderful tips & video! I can't ever seem to get my stitches straight, guess I just need to practice more & use the Martha mat that I have.

LiveLaughScrap said...

Thanks for doing this video. I love faux stiching, but very seldom do it to my charachter cuts. I love what it adds.
Lori

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Thank you again for making this helpful video!!! :) It's the next-best-thing to coming to your house for a lesson! ;)

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

Debbie said...

This video was so extremely helpful. I've been scrapbooking for years and have always liked penstitching but was always nervous when I did it. Now you have broken it down and made it less stressful. Thank you.