Monday, November 1, 2010

I Love Sprinkles!


I LOVE the brand new Smiley Cards cartridge in the latest Gypsy download!  If you haven't received this download for your Gypsy yet, I hope you are able to get it soon!  The minute that I saw the donut on this cartridge - I knew that I wanted to use it for a scrapbook layout.  My little one LOVES sprinkles on her donuts.  She doesn't get them very often, but when she does she gets to go with her daddy.  When she gets bigger, I know she'll want to remember their special outing!  This layout is more simple than normal for me, but it is soo bright and cheerful - I think it's perfect the way it is!


Quick Tip: When I cut Bazill, I use these settings on my Expression and I rarely run into any problems:

Blade - 5
Speed - 3
Pressure - 4


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 cardstock
  • Photo Mats
    • 1 - 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 to fit a 4 x 6 picture
    • 1 - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 to fit a 4 x 4 picture
  • Sun cut at 11.25" from Smiley Cards
  • "I" and "Sprinkles" cut at 2" from Mickey Font
  • "Love" cut at 2" from Smiley Cards
    • attached with pop dots
  • (3) Donuts cut at 3" from Smiley Cards
    • Save the "sprinkles" to scatter throughout the layout
    • attached with pop dots
  • Heart Punch 
    • attached with pop dots
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Tourmaline and Brownstone





Have a great evening!  I designed quite a few projects in my Gypsy using Smiley Cards, so I think that may be the theme this week! :)

16 comments:

Glora said...

Yes, I know I'm going to LOVE this cartridge. I haven't tried the update yet, because so many were having problems but I think I will try now. Anyway, your LO is perfect! I love it just the way it is. It may be more simple than normal but the bright colors just make it POP. Absolutely PERFECT!!!

critterbugg365 said...

That is so cute!! I think I am going to try downloading it now I am scared that it won't work. After seeing this you have just motivated me to try LOL!

Berenice R. said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

scrappy critters said...

I LOVE sprinkles too Lauren.. or Jimmies! What an ADORABLE layout. I am so loving this new cart..♥Tammy

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

I LOVE it!! It doesn't have as many cuts as you usually include, but the colors and the doughnuts you used are perfect as is!! Great colors!!
~Molly

buglvr2010 said...

Love it! I love this cart. too. So many cute cuts...your layout is just adorable.

silly_girl_823 said...

Very cute layout!! I am excited about this cartridge and am looking forward to what you do with it. I wish that I could see the layout in color cause that helps me to see what is on it!

Amy V

Wendy said...

Oh, this is SUPER CUTE Lauren!!!
I thought that was a donut on the download! lol

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Love it! It is definately bright and cheery!

the cricutologist said...

I love this LO!!!! I will be scrapping a donut page too. My son loooooves donuts with sprinkles too! Thanks for sharing your cute LO. I'm updating my gypsy right now.

Angela said...

Great job on the layout. That donut looks yummy. There are alot of great cuts on the Smiley Card Cart. I am updated now I just need to use it.

Angela
Simple Creations

Trisha said...

This is a great layout. I don't have the Gypsy--someday. Guess I can't get this Smiley cartridge. Your daughter and her costume are precious. Love the tutu.

liz said...

I can already see your little one chomping on a donut! love all the details you added!
liz :o)

joeygirl86 said...

Sooo cute! I'm loving that donut! :)

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is my favorite layout EVER!!!! Stinkin cute!!! XOXO Momo

Live Love and Scrap said...

My 6 year old is a sprinkle FREAK!!! If we let him...he would eat sprinkles on EVERYTHING!!! I never ever thought to do a sprinkle layout...its ADORABLE...thanks soooo much for the idea...In about 5 years when I start scrapping again...I hope I remember to make one =)

hugs,
Sarah