Friday, November 26, 2010

Itty Bitty Card Set


Alright all of you crazy Black Friday shoppers - did you survive?  Did you find good deals?  Did you get in any fights with other crafters?  (I'm actually most interested in crafter fights! ;) I had my own in 2009 over the Tinkerbell Cricut cartridge.  I won!)  

I made a teeny tiny itsy bitsy cardset using the Imagine's Best Friend cartridge.  I think these tiny notes would be perfect for gift bags or even in a little one's lunch box or backpack for a little pick-me-up.  The new Scrappy Moms set Simple Sentiments worked wonderfully to create an all purpose kind of card set.  I even made little 3 x 3 envelopes using my Martha Stewart Scoreboard to go with them!  

Technically these little cards would be a perfect use for all of the little scraps of paper you may have in your stash, but I couldn't help but want to use my Imagine for this one.  One piece of white paper and 4 cards done (including the images) - yeah, you can't get easier than that.  Just a note...some of the stamps look a little "faded" or distressed.  It's just because every now and then I am a spastic stamper and I was using textured cardstock, which can sometimes be tricky.  Instead of freaking out...I decided to leave it.  I told myself that it went along with the distressed patterns from the Best Friends cartridge.  You could tell yourself something similar if this happens to you.  ;)



See the sentiment is "distressed" not messed up.


Materials Used:
  • Purse cut using "fit to page" from Imagine's Best Friend
    • Similar purses can be found on Forever Young and Tags Bags Boxes and More
  • Envelopes: 5 x 5 piece of kraft cardstock scored 4 x at 2" using the Martha Stewart's Scoreboard
  • Cards: 2 3/4 x 5 1/4
  • Square Mats cut at 2.4" from Imagine
  • Squiggly (?) mats cut at 2" from Imagine's Best Friend 
  • All Images from Imagine's Best Friend
  • Tag from Winter Frolic (not sure what size...it was from my scrap drawer)
  • Sentiments from Scrappy Mom's Simple Sentiments set
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black
  • Hemp Twine - Michael's jewelry section
  • 1 1/2" wired ribbon - from my stash
  • button - from my stash (attached with a glue dot)

Happy Friday!

Don't forget that the Scrappy Moms Design Team is still previewing the newest stamp release - Simple Sentiments and you can still take advantage of FREE SHIPPING on all orders through Sunday!


13 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh these are fabulous sweetie..hugs x

mum of two said...

Ooh!! So cute! I love them :) TFS And I think the distressed look is perfect for the stamps!

michelle

Crafting Katie said...

Super sweet cards!

Scrappy Mel said...

Soooooo cute! I love the little container too! You must stop all these adorable Imagine projects - I keep telling myself that I don't need one and you are NOT helping the cause! LOL :)

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

So super cute!!! I love these cards! I need to make some of those to give to students!

liz said...

you did such a great job! those would make cute little gifts!
liz :o)

Dawn said...

Lauren, these are ADORABLE! I'm not sure I've mentioned that I love the your blog design. :-)


dawn

scrappy critters said...

These are absolutely ADORABLE!! They all came out just perfect!! ♥Tammy

joeygirl86 said...

These are so sweet! These little mini cards are perfect for lunch notes! ;)
hope you are having a great day!

Mary said...

Loving the cards, thank you so much for caring and sharing!
mhalford6 @aol. com

Angie said...

Great job Lauren! Check out my blog, there is something for you!

Angela said...

I always look forward to what you create.
I have given you the stylish blogger award. Check out how to receive it at: http://simplecreationspapercrafts.blogspot.com

Angela
Simple Creations

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Laurne.....oh my stinkin goodness...how cute is this!!!! Its mega cute =) LOVE the little purse...and I agree....the sentiment is distressed and looks PERFECT!!!

hugs,
Sarah