Friday, November 19, 2010

"Nuts About U" Scrapbook Layout

Hmm...do you see a problem here?
I learned a few things while working on this layout...number 1: I need to get some sleep.  Can you spot the mistake that I made?  The best part is that I didn't even realize that I had made the "u" an "n" until I was photographing it for this post.  Awesome!  The second thing I learned is that textured paper + my Imagine = BEAUTIFUL results.  I thought it might be a lot of malarky (I've never used that word, but I'm kind of liking it.), but evidently it's true.  It made the colors more vibrant and the patterns even more clear.  Instead of looking like pretty patterned paper, it ended up looking like beautiful expensive patterned paper.

Alright...that's better!

Completely off topic, I also learned that my musical preferences as of late are stuck in 1996-1997.  Think Alanis Morrisette...Radiohead...Smashing Pumpkins...Sarah McLachlan.  (Even The Cardigan's Love Fool.  Hello??? Romeo and Juliet was such a BIG deal.  Anyone my age remember swooning to Leonardo DiCaprio a.k.a. Romeo smoking on the beach?)  LOL - too much information?  ;)




Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 piece of kraft cardstock
  • 11 x 11 piece of patterned paper
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2
  • "Nuts about U" sized at 5.25" from Create a Critter
  • "Squirrel" sized at 4.18" from Create a Critter
  • "Acorn & Leaf" sized at 3" from B is for Boy
  • Patterned paper printed and/or cut from Imagine's Hopscotch
  • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black
  • 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Michael's
  • Brad - ki Memories Paisley Parade
  • Jewels - Target $1 Section







On another personal note, I am super proud of my sweet hubby!  His band Waking Alice Released their EP The Shaping today!  The Shaping is available on iTunes and at their CD release show tonight at Ridglea Theatre in Fort Worth!   Congratulations Brandon, Mike, Derrick and Coady!  


27 comments:

Glora said...

LOL! I'm glad you posted that Nuts about n. We all do stuff like that sometimes. It's nice to realize we are all human. I love the LO. It is so cute!

GabyCreates.com said...

Lovely LO Lauren (I love that name~ my daughter just name my grand baby Lauren Gabriela)

and it has happend to me that I noticed upsies when taking the project pictures! normal!

as for the molarky word, I use to use it, just never spelled it! lol

TFS Gaby

PinkBlingCrafter said...

LOL!! Lauren it happens:) I love the layout it's adorable!!!OMG I love the printed pattern paper from the imagine!! Have a great weekend:)

crazyaboutcricut said...

LOL, what a great post, totally cracked me up and made me feel better at the same time!

www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com

Staying Crafty said...

Very cute - and yes, that mistake is pretty funny! I've done similar air-headed things :)

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Very cute, Lauren, and thanks for the chuckle. Believe me you are not the first to realize you made a mistake while taking a picture of a project. :) Congrats to your Hubby's band!

liz said...

that's too funny...I wouldn't have even noticed if you it didn't point it out...and I got a good night sleep! super cute layout too!
liz :o)

liz said...

that's too funny...I wouldn't have even noticed if you it didn't point it out...and I got a good night sleep! super cute layout too!
liz :o)

4kids4 said...

Adorable layout!! Go get some sleep! ;-)

~Sharon C.

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

Super cute!! Thanks for the giggle :-)
What kind of textured paper did you get and where from? Let a sista know! hehe
~Molly

p.s. I don't know how old you are, but 96-97 was my senior year in hs so those are some of my faves you're listening to right now!

Maria said...

Super cute layout! I hadn't even noticed the mistake until you pointed it out. LOL!

Have a great weekend!!!

joeygirl86 said...

Awww this is so adorable!! :)
2 thumbs up!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

This is so CUTE!!! I just LOVE this layout!!! :-)

Maureen Reiss said...

Too funny!! Looks like it turned out ok though, I always rip the paper when I make a mistake like that. lol Great LO, super cute!!

Doris said...

Too funny! Looks good either way!!! ;o] I know what you mean about the Imagine and and textured paper - I sent my "I" back (ugh. Don't get me started...), but I did love the way the prints came out on the textured paper. Sooooo pretty! Thanks for sharing!

amr3mommy said...

Super cute layout! I'd like to know what kind of textured paper you used also! It is beautiful!

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is such an adorable layout!!! I absolutely love it!!! The colors are so beautiful!!!! XOXO Momo

Wendy said...

So super cute!!! Funny, my son & I were trying to figure out what the "n" meant..and then we read. lol :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty, where do you get your 12x12 kraft card stock?

Shica
javagirl@att.net

Berenice R. said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

DORCAS said...

LOL about the U! But it happens. Love everything you've posted! Great job!

Stephenie said...

I love all the music from that time! I graduated in 1995 so all that was so popular! I remember Bush real well too and No Doubt! :)
BTW I love your layout!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is a great LO! That little squirrel is too cute!

I posted an award for you on my blog. I hope you can stop by and pick it up! I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!

www.staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Stacey

Anonymous said...

I so remember swooning over Romeo!

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

You are on a roll!!! I am amazed at how many layouts you've gotten done! (Are you sure you have a little one at home?! Lol!) And I love the nontraditional colors!

Thanks for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

creativeprincess said...

Amazing even with the small mistake! I love knowing others make mistakes too lol! Also, I was a Leo lover too! :)
Tara

Mary said...

Love, Love, Love this layout, very creative!
mhalford6 @aol. com