Thursday, November 4, 2010

Perk Up with a Coffee Slider Card



I saw a tutorial for a slider card last year right after I got my baby bug, but I never got around to making one.  Instead of using cocoa packets, I used one of those little coffee packets that you can find at the grocery store.  I think coffee would be perfect for a friend that maybe needs to "perk up," but they would also make cute teacher gifts...maybe combined with a Starbucks gift card!

Materials Used:
  • Click HERE to see the tutorial from Custom Crops and The Pink Stamper
  • Patterned Paper - DCWV Sweet Stack & Bo Bunny Double Dot in Coffee Bean (appropriate!)
  • "Cup and Saucer" cut at 2" from Smiley Cards
    • attached with pop dots
  • Hole Punch
  • 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms "A Pinch & A Dash" set
  • EK Success Border Punch - Dotted Scallop
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pen - Black
  • 1/4" Terrifically Tacky Tape (or "Red Tape")



16 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

very very cute.

Minta's Creations said...

I Love this! too cute...
I haven't had a chance to play with my carts yet. as soon as I downloaded which too 2 days then my gypsy needed charged. but I really love this idea.
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

DORCAS said...

This is a fun idea! Love it!

Berenice R. said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

liz said...

way tooo cute!!!!
liz :o)

joeygirl86 said...

Super cute..and a great idea..I'm off to check out the tutoial! :) Have a great day!

Tabitha said...

Very cute gift idea! I love this.
Thanks for sharing.

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! I love the colors - how cheerful! :)

scrappy critters said...

the cutest EVER Lauren! I love it!♥Tammy

Leinad said...

I LOVE this! I just started playing with the Smiley Cards cartridge, too, and it's adorable! I made a card using it this week if you want to check it out at scrapsticklepop.blogspot.com
I love all your creations with this cartridge this week...great job! I'm definitely keeping your project in my idea file!

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

I love your slider card!!! :) You did a great job! Now maybe I'll finally get around to trying to make one...it was seeing one of your cards that gave me the push I needed to try a joy fold card!

Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

Staying Crafty said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I'm a new follower and I absolutely love your work :)

Anonymous said...

Love this project!! So cute!! :) Melanie

ginger haverlandt said...

love love love this cartridge. i know it came with the gypsy is it available w/o the gypsy and if i get a gypsy now do i still get this cartridge?
thanks for all your great ideas.

Lauren B. said...

ginger - smiley cards is exclusive to the gypsy, but Provo Craft extended the offer and if you buy and/or register a gypsy before Dec. 31st, you are eligible to receive 5 free cartridges. (Blackletter, Christmas, Indie Art, Smiley Cards and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.) Hope that helps!

xXd3adDo11yXx said...

Hi, i got mine at christmas (registered it on like Dec. 27th) and it did not come with the smiley cards cart... :( hopefully they might re-release it eventually, even to buy because i would definitely pay for it!