Friday, December 31, 2010

Best of 2010: Scrapbook Layouts

My 10 12 Favorite Scrapbook Layouts of 2010

 If the Crown Fits:  This is the first project that I used any "stitching" or "doodling."  It's still one of my favorites!

Sprinkled with Fun:  I love the patterns and colors in this layout.  I used little seed beads for the "sprinkles."
 
1st Dollhouse:  I think red, green and sky blue are such cheerful fun colors.  The little house is from Sugar and Spice - such a great cartridge for baby/toddler layouts.

Owl Love U Always:  This is a really simple layout, but I love the combination of colors and patterned paper.  That paper is from my favorite DCWV stack - Flower Shower.

Winter Wonderland:  This one just makes me happy.  Winter Frolic is such a great all around winter/holiday themed cartridge.

Lots of Shopping:  This layout was for one of Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenges.  I love all the "girly" images from Paisley.  
 
Play:  I think this may be my favorite layout of all time.  It took a long time because I inked and doodled on EVERY cut, but it was totally worth it.  If you're interested, I filmed a video for this one that shows how I put a scrapbook layout together from start to finish.

Celebrate:  This is my most popular layout...mostly because super sweet Angelica from Peachy Keen Stamps featured this layout on their Facebook page.  

Autumn Days:  I love the little squirrel peeking out of the tree.  Create a Critter really turned out to be one of my favorite cartridges of 2010.  

You're Tweet:  This was the very first project that I made with my Imagine.  I am still in love with the fact that the Imagine sizes the patterns based on what sized image you are cutting out.  

Happy Birthday:  I made this layout for Momo's birthday blog hop.  I love the little pennants.  This layout is even cuter in person.  
  
Seasons Greetings:  This is a super simple layout, but it is a great example of how I tend to base my color schemes on my pictures.  Sky blue, and red gingham stocking = the same colors/patterns repeated in my layout.  (I may be slightly crazy...I'm ok with that.)  ;)

I had a MUCH harder time narrowing down my list of scrapbook layouts.  I started out just picking pictures of the layouts without counting and I ended up with 19.  I thought 19 was a little excessive, so I managed to narrow it down to 12.  I've only been scrapbooking since April, but I LOVE it.  Expect LOTS of layouts in 2011...my list keeps getting longer and longer.

Happy New Year!  I hope all of you have a fun and SAFE holiday!  

Make sure to stop by tomorrow for Joanna's "Let's Celebrate!" Blog Hop!  There are sooo many talented bloggers participating!  (I'm sure there will be some blog candy along the way too!)


21 comments:

Julie said...

I am soooo glad you did this post because I know I am going to be using so many of your layouts to help me accomplice on of my 2011 resolutions and that is starting to scrapbook. I'll be giving them a boyish twist, but know your blog will be one of my main spots for inspiration!

Thanks so much and Happy 2011!
Julie
everybogylovesaparty.blogspot.com

Luv Scrapping Together said...

I love all your LO, Lauren! You are definately inspiring!

Happy New Year!
~Saundra :)

joeygirl86 said...

OMG all of these layouts are sooo amazing! Great job Lauren, you are such an inspiration! :)

Kitty said...

Lauren, I love all of your layouts so much!!!! They're always adorable. Can't wait to see your project tomorrow.
Happy New Year

TheFishie said...

Lauren,thanks for sharing all your wonderful layouts from this year. I don't remember when I started following your blog, but I wish it had been soon because you do some gorgeous work! You've really inspired me to get cracking on some layouts next year. Thanks!

Glora said...

These are all great! I love them all. I need to get going on some LO's again!

Lezlye said...

Love them all Lauren, you are a true inspiration! I resolve to do more scrapbooking in 2011!

Scrappy Mel said...

I know I say this all the time - but, YOUR LAYOUTS ROCK!! You are my scrapbooking hero! :)

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

You know you're my idol!! I LOVE every single one of your layouts! You could have just listed all of them because they're ALL worthy of making a favorites list!!

JennyKozar said...

I love every single one of these and cannot wait to see what you have coming in 2011.

mindy707 said...

All of your layouts are great and so inspiring!

silly_girl_823 said...

I would have been okay with 19 choices!! I absolutely love your layouts and they give me so much inspiration. The Celebrate layout is how I found you!! Excited to see what you have in store next year!!

Amy V

silly_girl_823 at hotmail dot com

Darlyne said...

Great layouts! My fav is still the Celebrate one...just adorable! Thanks for all your inspiration. :)

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

some amazing picks!!!

Angela said...

I love all your layouts. They are amazing with so much details. I always enjoy seeing all your projects. Can't believe you just started scrapbooking this year. Can't wait for future layouts.

Angela
Simple Creations

AmyJRockstar said...

Wow, I just happened upon your blog and I am curious as to whether or not you are famous? If not, you should be! Your layouts are so professional and totally amazing! They are some of the best I've ever seen. I am going to be a follower after seeing these! TFS!
XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar @ gmail dot com

flscraplady said...

Lauren they are all great! Thank you so much for sharing. I love them all.

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

WoW! These are amazing. TFS! -Sam :-)

Mari AKA Momo said...

You are so crazy talented!!!!!!!!!!!! You know that right!!! Plus that little girl of yours is just the perfect little inspiration!!! Love you my friend and I am just all over waiting to see what you come up with next!!!! Stay "Lauren" because your pretty dam awesome! XOXO Momo

Candy Hill Creations said...

These layouts are gorgeous....every single one is stunning!!! I'm so glad I stumbled across your page...wow!

vv said...

I wish you would have posted 112 of your favorite layouts! LOL I loved every one of these! Thank you SO much for sharing them