Friday, December 3, 2010

"HOO Loves Christmas" Layout


I decided to use Hoot 'n Holler for my 2nd Christmas layout.  If you read Tuesday's post, you will understand why I feel like I should use this cartridge A LOT to justify paying full price.  It's a good thing it's soo cute!  I used the Imagine for this layout, but again - I only used the print function to print my patterned paper.  The nice thing about that is if you would like "scrap-lift" this layout, but don't have an Imagine - it can easily be replicated with similar patterned papers.

Complete with pictures and journaling.
Just to prove that I really do use EVERY single layout that I post, I decided to post a picture of the layout with all of the pictures.  I wanted to see what the layout looked like with the pictures before I decided whether or not I wanted to add additional die cut images.  Once I saw the layout with pictures, I decided to leave well enough alone.  

Close up of the left hand side.  It's hard to tell, but all the ornaments on the tree are glittered.
Close up of the right hand side.

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock (Recollections - Michael's)
  • (2) 12 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock trimmed to 6 x 12- two different patterns (Imagine's Mr. Frosty shown)
  • (2) 2 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock
    • punched using the EK Success Border Punch - Dotted Scallop
  • Photo Mats 
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 - kraft cardstock & (2) rectangles from George and Basic Shapes sized at 6.2" and printed with patterns from the Imagine's Mr. Frosty
    • (3) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 - kraft cardstock & (3) squares from George and Basic Shapes sized at 4.2" and printed with patterns from the Imagine's Mr. Frosty.
  • "HOO loves Christmas" sized at 3.29" from Hoot 'n Holler
  • "Christmas Tree" sized at 7" from Winter Frolic
  • "Branch with Ornament" sized at 2.51" from Hoot 'n Holler
  • "Owl" sized at 2.25" from Hoot 'n Holler - used the Gypsy to hide the owl's "face" 
  • "Owl Family on a Branch" sized at 3.94" from Hoot 'n Holler - used the Gypsy to hide the owls' "faces"
  • "Tag" from Winter Frolic (don't have the size...it was in my stash of unused die cuts)
  • Sentiment on Tag - from Scrappy Mom's Winter Wishes Set
  • Peachy Keen Stamps - Critter Faces Stamps
    • I had to be a little creative for the baby owl and the daddy owl.  I wanted the daddy owl to have glasses, like my husband, so I combined two stamps.  The baby bird's face was so small that I had to stamp each part separately to make it work.
  • Swiss Dots Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder - anything that is dark green.
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Pearlescent Ivy
  • Stickles - Frosted Lace
  • Martha Stewart Glitter - Crystal Fine (Dear Martha...please make this into a glitter glue!  Thank you)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black
  • Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I am hoping to get LOTS of crafting done this weekend.  My little one is having her tonsils taken out next Friday, so my to do list is very long.  That's a good thing - the busier I am, the less time I have to fret!  



23 comments:

Amanda Villarreal said...

aww look at those Christmas PJ's! I havent gotten ours yet but it's on my to do list. I like the softer Christmas colors! Very pretty and perfect for a childs album. Also, Hello... I love that cartridge it's been on my list for awhile. Youre making me want to stop my spending freeze lol!

Savahanna said...

Soo super cute. I love it. And your little girl is adorable.

Savahanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty said...

Super cute as always :)
Kitty

silly_girl_823 said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Amy V

Christine Riley said...

WOW! This is amazing, what awesome detail. I am so glad I found your blog, you have definitely inspired me to use my Cricut and to get back to scrapbooking. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Hugs, Christine

Glora said...

THIS is ADORABLE! Full price for cartridge definitely justified when you can make something this cute!!!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!!! So pretty!!! -Sam :-)

4kids4 said...

So pretty!! The colors are just yummy!! And I agree, adding more die-cuts would be over-doing it...this is about as perfect as it's gonna get!! :-) TFS

~Sharon C.

buglvr2010 said...

Wow! That is super adorable...I love the colors you used. Awesome!

Mari AKA Momo said...

You are so awesome!!! This layout is one of my favorites!!!! I adore the colors and all the cuts you used!!!! You inspire me daily! XOXO Momo

Doris said...

Oh, how cute! I'm digging the owls! Great job! Hope everything goes well for your baby girl next week! :o]

Dawnica said...

This is adorable Lauren! I love the colors.
Your Daughter is so cute.

kelly, said...

That is a beautiful layout! Love pink/red/green for christmas. Your BAD shopping post was very funny. probably not at the time, though. Walmart scares me bigtime!!!

Scrappy Mel said...

Such a pretty layout - I LOVE it! Your layouts are always to polished and beatiful! :)

Abby said...

I always say I will scraplift you and I still haven't!!! I will do it next week!!!! Ill share it with you!!!

liz said...

super duper cute! you amaze me with your layouts!
liz :o)

Staying Crafty said...

Fantastic layout! I love the photos - my daughter has the same cute little toy stroller :)

Maria Elena said...

Wow I'm in love with your blog and your creations !!! I become in your follower (and fan) 'cause I don't want miss ANYTHING ! xoxo

Have a great Tuesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Kim. said...

Beautiful layout, love the colours and theme you used.
Hope all goes well with your daughter on Friday. My eldest twins had their tonsils out together so I had to keep running between them with the sick bowls and cuddles, never again if they had of needed anything done I would of made sure they were done individually. Thankfully they are now 21 and make their own decisions but they still laugh about it now.
Kim xXx

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Such a cute layout!! Love the colors and the little owls!

Danielle said...

Hi Lauren! I love looking at your blog, you are such an inspiration! I just started my own blog www.scrappychickdesigns.blogspot.com and was wondering if you could tell me how you get such great pictures posted????? Mine look so DULL! What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

My time to scrap !!! :-} said...

i just love this i want to scrap lift it from u and use it for my christmas lay out. thanx so much for shaaring.