I decided to use Hoot 'n Holler for my 2nd Christmas layout. If you read Tuesday's post, you will understand why I feel like I should use this cartridge A LOT to justify paying full price. It's a good thing it's soo cute! I used the Imagine for this layout, but again - I only used the print function to print my patterned paper. The nice thing about that is if you would like "scrap-lift" this layout, but don't have an Imagine - it can easily be replicated with similar patterned papers.
|Complete with pictures and journaling.|
Just to prove that I really do use EVERY single layout that I post, I decided to post a picture of the layout with all of the pictures. I wanted to see what the layout looked like with the pictures before I decided whether or not I wanted to add additional die cut images. Once I saw the layout with pictures, I decided to leave well enough alone.
|Close up of the left hand side. It's hard to tell, but all the ornaments on the tree are glittered.|
|Close up of the right hand side.|
- (2) 12 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock (Recollections - Michael's)
- (2) 12 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock trimmed to 6 x 12- two different patterns (Imagine's Mr. Frosty shown)
- (2) 2 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock
- punched using the EK Success Border Punch - Dotted Scallop
- Photo Mats
- (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 - kraft cardstock & (2) rectangles from George and Basic Shapes sized at 6.2" and printed with patterns from the Imagine's Mr. Frosty.
- (3) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 - kraft cardstock & (3) squares from George and Basic Shapes sized at 4.2" and printed with patterns from the Imagine's Mr. Frosty.
- "HOO loves Christmas" sized at 3.29" from Hoot 'n Holler
- "Christmas Tree" sized at 7" from Winter Frolic
- "Branch with Ornament" sized at 2.51" from Hoot 'n Holler
- "Owl" sized at 2.25" from Hoot 'n Holler - used the Gypsy to hide the owl's "face"
- "Owl Family on a Branch" sized at 3.94" from Hoot 'n Holler - used the Gypsy to hide the owls' "faces"
- "Tag" from Winter Frolic (don't have the size...it was in my stash of unused die cuts)
- Sentiment on Tag - from Scrappy Mom's Winter Wishes Set
- Peachy Keen Stamps - Critter Faces Stamps
- I had to be a little creative for the baby owl and the daddy owl. I wanted the daddy owl to have glasses, like my husband, so I combined two stamps. The baby bird's face was so small that I had to stamp each part separately to make it work.
- Swiss Dots Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder - anything that is dark green.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Pearlescent Ivy
- Stickles - Frosted Lace
- Martha Stewart Glitter - Crystal Fine (Dear Martha...please make this into a glitter glue! Thank you)
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black
- Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am hoping to get LOTS of crafting done this weekend. My little one is having her tonsils taken out next Friday, so my to do list is very long. That's a good thing - the busier I am, the less time I have to fret!