Thursday, December 9, 2010

Surprises for my little one!


Tomorrow is the big day.  Nicole is having her tonsils and adenoids removed - boo for surgery, but hooray for her starting to feel LOTS better in the long run.  I know that thousands of kids (480,000 in the US according to one of our handouts) have their tonsils taken out every year, but only one of those is mine.  Understandably, I have had a lot of nervous energy this week, but unfortunately that didn't turn out to be crafting energy.  I have made sure that we have plenty of popsicles and ice cream in the freezer.  I also made some brioche for French toast and some vanilla pudding...just in case she gets tired of popsicles.  

 I thought it might be fun to try out a banner using my new Birthday Bash cartridge.  I know that she can't read yet, but she is just now very interested in learning her ABCs. She also loves cards, so hopefully she will like sparkly lion.  She may also be getting a Rapunzel doll too, but don't tell her.  ;)  


Materials Used:
  • Banner 
    • pennants cut out at 4" (regular and shadow) from Birthday Bash - patterned paper from DCWV Flower Shower Stack
    • "we love u" cut out at 2" (regular and shadow) from Birthday Bash
    • 3/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Card - 5 x 8 (scored at 4")
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black



Hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Erica said...

Poor Nicole! At least she's lucky enough to have a mom who MAKES brioche for French toast for her...I might be willing to have my tonsils out for such an exchange.

joeygirl86 said...

Awww this is so sweet! I hope everything goes well for her..I can't imagine my little one getting surgery, it's a scray thought..but I'm sure she will be just fine! Love your cute lion! Isn't that cart so fun!? tfs! ;)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

The lion is adorable!! Good luck to Nicole! I think it is often harder on the mom (and dad) than the child having the surgery! The thought of our little ones suffering is sheer torture!!!!

Tammy E. said...

How sweet! And so well done! Hope she does well. Saying a prayer for her (and you).

Cristi said...

Oh poor, I hope everything goes smooth and she heals up quickly! Your banner and card are so adorable, she is going to love them.
Big HUGS
Cristi

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better soon!! She's lucky to have such a good Mommy taking care of her.
Diane
msdiane90@yahoo.com

Scrappy Mel said...

Sending loads of hugs and feel better wishes to Nicole!!! Please let us know how she is doing!

Your banner and card are adorable!!! I'm sure she will LOVE them!

scrappy critters said...

Soo cute Lauren! I hope she is doing great and has a speedy recovery!!! I know just how scary it is so I feel for you!! I hope it all went well.. we are thinking of you all!

♥Tammy

readysetstamp said...

What a darling card and banner. I know she will love this. What a thoughtful thing to do. I think that is so sweet that you got all those goodies for her too. Such a great Mommy!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

Glora said...

You are so cute! These are great! I'm sure she loved these sweet surprises!

Mari AKA Momo said...

MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you!!!! Glad to know Nicole did great!!!! Love you and all you do!!! XOXO Momo