Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

Photobucket

Welcome to the 1st Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!  This is going to be lots of fun, so I hope some of you can join us!  Melanie and Tammy have chosen Birthday Bash for the first challenge!  If you don't have that cartridge, any birthday related Cricut image will do!  You also don't have to include a Scrappy Moms stamp in your project!  I've had Birthday Bash for a little over a month and I haven't used it as much as I thought I would, so this was a perfect opportunity to use it!


I tried heat embossing with the correct embossing powder for the first time over the weekend!  I am completely hooked, so expect a few projects with heat embossed sentiments!  



Materials Used:
  • Card Base: 4 1/4 x 11 - scored at 5 1/2
  • Mat: 4 x 5 1/4
  • Patterned Paper 3 3/4 x 4 1/4
  • Cat & Cake: sized at 4.25" from Birthday Bash
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Simple Sentiment set
    • Versamark Watermark Pad & White Embossing Powder - woohoo!  It worked!
  • Raspberry Fizz Swiss Dot Ribbon
  • Adhesive Gems - Michael's Recollections brand
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White


I've been working on a lot of crafty projects for my daughter's birthday, so I haven't gotten any scrapbooking done in awhile.  I think I may need to work on a few layouts VERY soon!

Happy Tuesday!  I can't wait to see all of the entries in the Terrific Tuesday Challenge!!!


21 comments:

Two Scraptastic Gals said...

Your card is super duper cute! I love cake, everything blends so well together. Love that cute little face :)

Meriah

bonnie said...

Oh I love everything about your fabulous card...so fun, so bright, so cute....perfect! Hugs x

GlendaLea said...

Super cute is all I can say!
Thanks for sharing!
Glenda
glendalea.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing it - I love it!

Kerri said...

Lauren, I really love this card. I like that you tried the heat embossing for the first time - it looks great. I've been debating whether or not to get the tool ad I think you just decided for me!

cricutaddicted.blogspot.com

buglvr2010 said...

I love it...so adorable. That big bow is so pretty!

liz said...

love him jumping out of the cake! I really need to study that cart, I've missed a bunch of great images. I love the colors you piced too!
liz :o)

liz said...

love him jumping out of the cake! I really need to study that cart, I've missed a bunch of great images. I love the colors you piced too!
liz :o)

Nicole said...

That cake looks YUMMY! And your bow is awesome! Great card with all the detail!

Nicole said...

That cake looks YUMMY! And your bow is awesome! Great card with all the detail!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

LOVE your card!!! It is adorable!

Glora said...

So cute and YUMMY! I love it!

Lezlye said...

very cute Lauren..Isn't heat embossing fun! That is what hooked me into stamping!

Adrian said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

i am totally loving those little white dots! perfect touch!!

Sheree said...

Your card is super super cute! I just love this cart! TFS!
cravinscrappin.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

Aww this is cute! I've been wanting to cut that little kitty out for awhile, yours came out so sweet with the critter face! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

Such a cute card! I love how all of your project come together - they aren't that complex but so beautiful! You really should bottle your creativity and sell it you would make a fortune!! LOL

ScrappingStephanie said...

So adorable. I love those colors together. The little doodle dots adds the perfect finishing touch:)

Stephanie

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute!! Amazingas always:) Love it.
Hugs,
Norma

Rhonda Emery said...

your work is amazing. love all your creations and blog. hugs