Monday, January 3, 2011

A Card and Some Exciting News!

If you are looking for the "Let's Celebrate" Blog Hop - click HERE!
I will choose a winner Tuesday, January 4th 2010!


I am thrilled to be able to announce that I am EAD Designs guest designer during the month of January!  I'm so excited!  Every Monday in January, I will feature a project using some of their amazing products!  For today's blog hop, the theme is "Just Beachy!"  I used the Dandelion Vinyl Rub-ons set.  I have never used anything like these rub-ons before, and I am so happy to tell you that they are soo so easy to use!  



At first glance, my card may not scream "beach-y," but stay with me for a minute.  When I think of the beach, I think of the colors - sandy brown, golden yellow and varying shades of blue.  Also...after my last beach experience in October - I think of bugs.  Our first day at the beach was perfect - perfect temperature, practically empty, and bug-free.  The next day the temperature was perfect, we had the beach to ourselves, but there were THOUSANDS (seriously) of little flying bugs.  While the rest of my family was annoyed by the bugs, I couldn't handle it.  Once the bugs started landing in my hair and face, I kind of lost it.  Needless to say, the rest of my family thought it was pretty hilarious.

I decided to do a bit different of a card fold, since the overall design was pretty simple.
Your next stop on the EAD Monday Blog Hop is Amy at Tsuruta Designs

Materials Used:
  • Card Base: 4 1/4 x 12" scored at 5 1/4" and 11 1/8"
  • Turquoise Mat: 4 1/8: x 5 1/8"
  • Patterned Paper: 4 x 5
  • Dandelion Vinyl Rub-ons - EAD Designs
  • Corner Rounder Punch
  • Hemp Twine
  • 1/16" Hole Punch
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Adhesive Gems



Check out EAD's Monthly Steal!  How cute would these be for a playroom or a baby/toddler room?

Thank you so much to EAD Designs for having me this month!  I think it's going to be LOTS of fun!


25 comments:

Shawnee said...

Congratulations! Cute card sorry about your beach experience.

mum of two said...

Congrats and waht a great project, the butterflies are beautiful, and at least a nice bug :)

michelle

Amy said...

ewww! I hate bugs!! but I love your card! So glad you're joining us this month!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

Congrats! Well deserved! Cute card btw!

StampinCathy said...

Congrats! How exciting. Beautiful card and just love the Beachy colors.

connie said...

congrats! love the card.

Emily said...

BEAUTIFUL! So Excited to have you join us this month:)

Nikki T said...

Congrats on being a guest designer. The card is beautiful, I love the color combo.
Nikki
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Lesley from WI said...

Congrats! Love your card and those butterflies!

Jenny said...

Cute card Lauren! Honestly, I think the best part is-you made something that means something to you! Very important when we do something we love. Thanks for sharing your card (and your story!)

Jenny

joeygirl86 said...

Lauren this came out so pretty! I love the color combo and the bling is perfect! I'm so glad to have you on the team with us this month...and I look forward to seeing what you make, I know it will be great! :)

kathlee said...

Beautiful choice of colors and I love the way you secured the card with twine! Really cute. I am with you girl....the bugs come out and I am gone! TFS!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

shanna13 said...

Congrats on being on the design team. I liked your card and I can relate to the bug thing at the beach. That would be very annoying. TFS Susan
shanna13@frontiernet.net

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Congrats on your DT of the months!!! Love the colors on this card!! Great job:)
Hugs,
Norma

Tanya said...

Congrats! Love your card!! Tfs the story behind it :)

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

Stephanie Zito said...

Adorable Lauren!!! I'm so excited to have you with us this month! I can't wait to see more of your E.A.D. creations!

~amy~ said...

Welcome Welcome!!! We're soooo happy to have you with us this month!!! I love your card and the story behind it!!

I hate bugs...really hate bugs...

Carla's Creations said...

Congratulations!!! Lovely card!

craftaholic said...

Congrats and Love your card...I would freak out too...I also Hate bugs!!!

ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Jenn said...

Excited to have you on the team this month! Fab card (sorry about the bugs) ;)

Scrap'n Yamma said...

Congratulations! Your card is really sweet - I love the colors you chose. Thank you for sharing! gikinney1@gmail.com

Monica Flores said...

Ewww I hate bugs as well. Congrats on the position. Your card is bueatiful!!!

Simplycricutting.blogspot.com

Rose said...

congrats!! love all the butterflys and bling :)

de said...

GORGEOUS and congrats on the Guest DT spot! Those EAD girls ROCK.

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Congratulations on being an EAD Designs guest designer!!! :) I love your card (where'd you come up with that cute fold?)! My cousin has a beach room these same colors (& decorated with furniture & accessories from Pottery Barn)...I love spending time in!

Thanks for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com