Monday, January 24, 2011

EAD Blog Hop - Oz Valentines


Welcome to another Monday EAD Blog Hop!  If you just got here from Jenn's blog - Double N Designs, you are in the right place!  (Otherwise, you can hop back to the beginning at the EAD Designs Blog!  So far this is my most favorite Valentine's project that I've worked on so far this year.  The other day my daughter and I were walking through Target and she saw the boxes of pre-made character Valentines and asked for some.  I immediately said, "We can just make our own when we get home."  At that moment I realized that Nicole will always want the cheap-y pre-made Valentines (like any normal kid) and I will want to make them.  I decided that a set of Valentines using the adorable Wizard of Oz Stickerz from EAD Designs would be a nice compromise.  :)  You also get another sneak peek at the newest Scrappy Moms "Love Notes" set.


Of course I had to use my red glitter embossing powder for the sentiments!


I think he is my favorite of the set - the sentiment is perfect for him!


The next stop on the blog hop is Amy T. from Tsuruta Designs!

Materials Used:
  • Card Bases: 4 1/4 x 11 - scored at 5 1/2"
  • Mats: 4 x 4 1/2
  • Postage Shape sized at 5.65" from B is for Boy
  • Rectangle from George and Basic Shapes; sized at 2.77 (width) and 3.5" (height) make sure to remove the "link" on your Gypsy and turn on "real dial size" 
    • Cut 4 times in green plaid & 2 times in blue
  • "yellow brick road" from Disney Princess Dreams Come True and sized at 2.02 using "real dial size."
  • "Wizard of Oz Stickerz" from EAD Designs
  • Sentiments from Scrappy Moms "Love Notes" Set
    • embossed using Stampendous Embossing Powder - Red Tinsel (Opaque)
  • Patterned Paper from K & Company - Kelly Panacci Valentine
  • Red and White Baker's Twine
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Make sure to check back tomorrow for the Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!


22 comments:

AmyJRockstar said...

These are just adorable! Feel like making an extra set to sell?
:0) If so, hit me up cause I'd love to buy em!
XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

Those are SOOO CUTE! I love the layout of this card set! Really cool!

Kim said...

I just Love the Wizard of OZ cards!

~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Jovan said...

OMG...these are just to cute!

joeygirl86 said...

Lauren these are super cute! Great job my friend! You are rocking the EAD stickerz! I bet I will be making a ton of these once my daughter is in school! lol ;)

bonnie said...

These are fabulous Lauren...I love them so much...really cute! :) hugs x

liz at liz's paper loft said...

your cards are so sweet!
liz :o)

Ruthie said...

Super cute cards Lauren!

Ruthie :)

Amy said...

oh my garsh! These are just the cutest!

Court said...

Lauren!! I just LOVE these! SO cleaver and of course I love the embossing. I know it's too late now, but there is a brick embossing folder on Oh mY Crafts - itwas an exclusive that came in a 4 pack! But swiss dots is adorable here too!

Amanda said...

SUPER CUTE!!

Scrappy Mel said...

So stinkin' adorable! I love you you made it a set! You do a great job with the embossing powder - I always seem to have "residue" no matter how much I "flick" the paper! LOL :)

Jenn said...

OMG! LOVE THESES!!!

dreenie said...

these are absolutely ADORABLE !!!! love love love these!!!

Laura said...

These are WONDERFUL and so clever! I love them!

Laura

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

awww...too sweet!!!

Jenny said...

Lauren, these are so stinkin' cute! You picked the perfect sentiment for everyone!

Jenny

rockpapercricut said...

Great job with your cards. I just placed an order with EAD today after looking at your cards. :) Super cute!

Thanks for sharing.

~Ally

EricaQ said...

Oh so cute!! Love it!!

~amy~ said...

stinkin' CUTE!!!!!!

Rose said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! LOVE how you made the yellow brick road :)

Jennifer said...

Ohmygosh, Lauren! Those are so much cuter than store-bought Valentines!!! :) You did a great job!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com