Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Card


I love this card - in fact I am going to have a hard time giving it away.  I may have to save it for someone that I know appreciates pretty cards.  ;)  Just a joke...sort of.  I used the very very cute "Fly Away with Me" Stickerz Set from EAD Designs.  The BEST part about these stickers (besides the fact that they are really cute) is that you can reposition them.  Say for instance, that you put the "happy birthday" on the right hand side of the card, but then decide the card needs something else - you can do that without ripping up the entire card.   

I don't normally embellish the inside of cards, but this one needed a little extra something!

I added a little gift card "holder" to the inside of the card.  


Materials Used:
  • Card Base: 4 1/4 x 11" scored at 3" and 8"
  • (4) Patterned Paper: 4 x 2 3/4" - 2 for the inside of the card & 2 for the outside
  • "Fly Away with Me" Stickerz Set - EAD Designs (kites, hot air balloon & happy birthday)
    • To "color" the kites and hot air balloon, I used scraps of patterned paper & just trimmed around the sticker.
  • "Just for You" sentiment from Scrappy Moms Simple Sentiments set
  • Buttons - to create the closure I sewed the larger button to the card (the stitches get covered up by patterned paper on the inside of the card) and then threaded twine through a smaller button and attached it to the card using a glue dot.  To create the loop to keep the card closed, I just knotted the twine.
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Corner Rounder Punch

After reading Molly's great post on Army Wife Learns the Cricut, I am seriously thinking about changing up the way I scrapbook a bit.  Don't worry - I am still planning on doing layouts, but I love the idea of incorporating the "hybrid" method of scrapbooking too!  Once I finalize my plan, I will share it with you.  

17 comments:

Emily said...

OMG this is adorable...LOVE IT

Abby said...

SOOOO Super cute!!!!!! I just love everything about it!!!

Berenice R. said...

So nice card! :)

Glora said...

Very cute!

Adrian said...

This is too cute for words! Super job:)

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness! This card is soooo adorable. Love it!

Country Twinkle said...

Awesome card!

Kitty said...

So pretty :)

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Super cute love how you did the opening with the buttons..
The Scrapbooking Queen

Aimee said...

I love the trifold (thank you so much for all the details on dimensions and what you used!)card and I love the "hidden" gift card holder!! So stinkin' cute!

Smiley21 said...

cute card. my favorite stamps.

joeygirl86 said...

Awww I love this! Everything about it is perfect! Looks like I picked a great EAD guest DT! ;)

Wendy said...

This card is awesome and I would be more than happy to receive it!!!

Cheryl said...

Lauren, You are amazing! I love this card! I am definitely going to have to borrow (aka steal!!) this idea/template. I love the button closure. You are very talented and I love seeing your work.

Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Your card is exquisite!!! :) I love the fancy fold and even the inside looks great!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Angie said...

Love this, great job!

Cindylu2u said...

Oh my gosh, I love this card, suuuper cute!!