Happy New Year and welcome to the "Let's Celebrate!" Blog Hop hosted by Joanna from Scrap-making! If you are hopping along with us today, you should have arrived here from Kim's blog: My Craft Spot. I have the entire blog hop list towards the end of this post!
I am so excited to be able to help Joanna celebrate her blog's one year anniversary and her birthday! Not only is Joanna unbelievably talented and super sweet - she is also one of the busiest bloggers that I know. She is on so many design teams and ALWAYS manages to come up with the most amazing projects! So...happy happy birthday and anniversary Joanna!
I designed my birthday themed project with Joanna in mind - I love all of her super cute owl themed projects, so I decided to come up with a little owl themed party. I am planning on doing something similar for my daughter's birthday later this month!
- Circle cut using "fit to page" function on the Cricut Expression & a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock. Cut the circle in half and use double stick tape to make your hat
- Fringe - accordion fold a sheet of tissue paper and "fringe" the edge. I used the Martha Stewart Fringe scissors. I attached it to the inside of the hat using double stick tape. I used a leftover portion of fringe to make the little topper.
- Scalloped Circle sized at 3.5" from Sweet Treats
- Owl sized at 2.75" from Hoot and Holler
- "Nut Box" sized at 6.76" from Tags Bags Boxes and More. I attached a ribbon handle and then added the fringe using double stick tape.
|I accidentally bought translucent embossing powder, so I stamped the sentiment in white pigment ink and then embossed it using the translucent powder. (I will be heading to Michael's to get WHITE embossing powder tomorrow!) "Have a Hoot" from Scrappy Moms "Amusing Animals" set|
|More fringe...yes, I am clearly obsessed! "Thank You" from Scrappy Moms "Simple Sentiments" set|
Your next stop is the super talented
"Let's Celebrate" Blog Hop List
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my project!
Happy New Year!