Saturday, January 22, 2011

"My Funny Valentine"


Happy Saturday and welcome to another day of Scrappy Moms Sneak Peeks!   I had so much fun decorating a gable box last week that I decided to make another one for Valentine's Day using the "Love Notes" Set from Scrappy Moms.  Of course this would be perfect to use as a gift box, but I think it would also make an adorable Valentine's mailbox for a little one to take to school.  



  

Materials Used:
  • Gable Box (Target $1 Section - they have them in white, kraft, red and white with red hearts)
  • (2) 4 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock scored at 2" and 8"
  • (2) 2 1/2 x 12 pieces of cardstock
    • EK Success Dotted Scallop Punch
    • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • (2) 2 x 4 pieces of cardstock (to "bridge" the gap on the sides of the box
  • (3) Tag sized 3.75" from Twinkle Toes
  • Dog sized at 2.5" from Sweethearts
  • (2) Hearts sized at 2.75" from Sweethearts
  • Sentiments (My Funny Valentine, Hugs & XOXO) from Scrappy Moms "Love Notes" Set
  • Patterned Paper - K & Company - Kelly Panacci Valentine
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron Pigma Pen - 03 Black
  • 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Michael's
  • Tulle Ribbon - Michael's





Tomorrow is Nicole's party, so I will be taking the day off from Sneak Peeks, but I will be back with more projects starting on Monday!  In the meantime, I hope you check out the rest of our talented design team's projects!  There are LOTS of great ideas!  I have the links posted on the left hand side of my blog!

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Two Scraptastic Gals said...

I freakn love this Lauren! So stinkin cute. Will you make my daughter one? LOL...Have a great weekend.

Meriah

bonnie said...

Oh this is just the sweetest,cutest little box...lovely colours all my favs....oh and what an adorable little pup...hugs xx

Jenny said...

This is the cutest box I've ever seen! I love the puppy dog!

Good luck at the party....your Minnie Mouse theme is so cute!

Jenny

Daisylove Creations said...

Wow, you outdid yourself on this, beyond cute!! Love all your work, truly amazing. TFS!!

Diana
http://daisylovecreations.blogspot.com/

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! :-)

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

love it! totally sweet!!

Card Creations by C said...

Lauren, this is awesome. So very pretty.

I hope the party goes well! You party videos were incredible, loved them both.

I hope you got my card set in the mail...the weather was so bad lately I am scared they will get lost.

Glora said...

Great job! This box is ADORABLE! And that doggie does look SO cute with a PKS face! Hugs- Glora

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Love the box, Lauren! It turned out adorable!!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! I agree, it would be a great box for school Valentines!!

Have fun at Nicole's party - take lots of picture! I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

{{{ HUGS }}}

Daisylove Creations said...

I just love this Lauren! Thanks for being such a great source of inspiration!! I am awarding you with the stylish blogger award please stop by my blog and pick it up. Congratulations!!

buglvr2010 said...

Love it!

Angie said...

Very cute, great job! This would be perfect for a teacher gift as well!

joeygirl86 said...

Omg that is super cute! I need to get me one of those boxes! Isnt that little doggie to cute!?! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

adorable! it took me all day to get here and get a better look at it!
liz :o)

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Awwh that's so cute!

flscraplady said...

As always this is a darling, darling box! I can't wait to see pictures of the party! Good luck! Your big fan!
Diane

Live Love and Scrap said...

I flippin LOVE this so much Lauren!!! WOW!!! I was just at Target yesterday...how did I miss these...guess I just HAVE to go back LOL!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Handmade By Mary said...

This is totally cute! TFS! I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. If you would like to accept visit my blog for details... :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, Lauren! That is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love it!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com