If you "like" me on Facebook, you may remember that last week I asked if anyone would be interested in a video or a UStream class detailing some of the Cricut crafts and other things I am working on for my daughter's party. I think 7 people said that they were interested, so I was a little nervous about doing a UStream, but I was motivated to film a video. :) Plus, I have spent the last couple of afternoons working on stuff for the party, so I will get a few blog posts out of it...bonus!
Today's video focuses on the invitation, party favors (favor bag pictured above) and the party hats. Nicole was VERY specific about wanting party hats. I tried to convince her to let me make Minnie ears like THESE for her party, but no...it has to be hats.
I say this in the video, but keep in mind that while I am doing a Minnie party, you could easily change up the color scheme and "icon" to customize the ideas for your own party.
Here's some that I came up with:
Brown/Pink or Brown/Aqua with a bottle or stork in place of Minnie. I saw lots of cute polka dot party goods at Hobby Lobby and online in those two color schemes.
Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party
Hot Pink/Zebra with a high heel or martini glass. I've also seen lots of zebra print party goods from plates to tissue paper. (Can you tell that I made a lot of stops in my quest to find all things black, white and red?)
Black, Red and White could stay, but you could switch out a pirate hat for Minnie. I also saw lots of Pirate related items.
Ok...I could go on and on, but you get the idea! Hope you enjoy the video!
- "Minnie Monogram:" Scalloped Circle is sized at 2" from Birthday Bash, Mickey Head sized at 1.5" from Mickey Font and the bow is sized at .48" from Mickey and Friends
- Party Hat: Circle sized at 11.35" using my Gypsy and George and Basic Shapes
- Favor Bag sized at 6" from Once Upon a Princess (You can fit two on one page of 12 x 12 paper)
- I added a tag with a first initial, so I each partygoer will get the correct personalized bracelet. Scalloped circle sized at 1.5" from Birthday Bash, Mickey Tag Font sized at 1.10" and the bow is sized at .46" from Mickey and Friends
- Ponytail Streamers: You can see the video HERE!
Have a great weekend!