Friday, January 14, 2011

Party Plans - Part 1


If you "like" me on Facebook, you may remember that last week I asked if anyone would be interested in a video or a UStream class detailing some of the Cricut crafts and other things I am working on for my daughter's party.  I think 7 people said that they were interested, so I was a little nervous about doing a UStream, but I was motivated to film a video.  :)  Plus, I have spent the last couple of afternoons working on stuff for the party, so I will get a few blog posts out of it...bonus!

Today's video focuses on the invitation, party favors (favor bag pictured above) and the party hats.  Nicole was VERY specific about wanting party hats.  I tried to convince her to let me make Minnie ears like THESE for her party, but no...it has to be hats.  

I say this in the video, but keep in mind that while I am doing a Minnie party, you could easily change up the color scheme and "icon" to customize the ideas for your own party.

Here's some that I came up with:

Baby Shower
 Brown/Pink or Brown/Aqua with a bottle or stork in place of Minnie.  I saw lots of cute polka dot party goods at Hobby Lobby and online in those two color schemes.
Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party
 Hot Pink/Zebra with a high heel or martini glass.  I've also seen lots of zebra print party goods from plates to tissue paper.  (Can you tell that I made a lot of stops in my quest to find all things black, white and red?)
Pirate Birthday
Black, Red and White could stay, but you could switch out a pirate hat for Minnie.  I also saw lots of Pirate related items.

Ok...I could go on and on, but you get the idea!  Hope you enjoy the video!






Materials Used:
  • "Minnie Monogram:" Scalloped Circle is sized at 2" from Birthday Bash, Mickey Head sized at 1.5" from Mickey Font and the bow is sized at .48" from Mickey and Friends
  • Party Hat: Circle sized at 11.35" using my Gypsy and George and Basic Shapes
  • Favor Bag sized at 6" from Once Upon a Princess (You can fit two on one page of 12 x 12 paper)
    • I added a tag with a first initial, so I each partygoer will get the correct personalized bracelet.  Scalloped circle sized at 1.5" from Birthday Bash, Mickey Tag Font sized at 1.10" and the bow is sized at .46" from Mickey and Friends  
  • Ponytail Streamers: You can see the video HERE!

Have a great weekend!


28 comments:

Linda said...

Love it! So darling, take lots of pictures.

teachdanz said...

Love, love, love it!!! I think you need to do a video showing us how to use the fringe scissors, those look awesome!!!

Monica Flores said...

Hands down one of the best tutorials I've seen and the cutest!!! Lauren you did an amazing job on these I can not wait for the next parts!! You are definitely an amazing inspiration to us out in Bloggyland. Thanks so so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh! My! Goodness!! Those are the most adorable party items I have ever seen!!! Thank you soooooo much for sharing!!! Can't wait for your next video!! :)
Melanie :)

My Scrap Diary said...

Great vid tutorial!! And super cute projects. I cant wait to see the rest. And I agree with teachdanze: you should do a quick tut on how to use the fringe scissors.
thanks
Jess M

HappyPlaceJen said...

So SUPER cute, Lauren! Love it all! Can't wait to see the next vid. Great job! :)

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Lauren, these are such great ideas! I wish my children were little so I could recreate these. Now I will just have to wait until they get married and do it for my grandchildren.

Yolunda Jones said...

You did an awesome job! Thanks for the video.

rockpapercricut said...

I love it! My little one is turning 3 this summer and your ideas are really going to help. You did a great job on your video and I can't wait to see them all.

Thanks for sharing,

~Ally

Laura said...

I LOOOOOOVE this theme! So girly and cute! Nicole is such a lucky little girl! I'm sure she will just have the best day ever! :)

Sheenie said...

Lauren--everything you do is so SUPER CUTE! These little party hats are the cutest things I've ever seen! They totally take the cake. LOVE EM! You're so talented! I really love your blog! Thank you for spending so much time to share your ideas.

silly_girl_823 said...

I can honestly say I have never seen a pair of scissors like that!! I love the way everything is turning out!! so cute! I am glad you made the video because I was really wondering how you made the hat, they are just so cute!! Can't wait to see the decor!!

Amy V

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Love it!

scrappy critters said...

These are the CUTEST favors ever Lauren! You don't need a bigshot at all..I LOVE LOVE the whole ensemble...

♥TAM

Glora said...

SO super cute!!!! I'm loving it! Can I come to the Minnie party ;). I can't wait to see everything else.

EricaQ said...

Omg! Super super cute!!! Love iy. Awesome work.

Daisylove Creations said...

Wow, I am blown away!! I am a die-hard Disny Fan and I just love your project!! TFS!!
Diana
Daisylovecreations.blogspot.com
daisylove1020@gmail.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

great tutorial and wonderful party favors!

Craftyhomemade said...

Super cute. Your girl will love it. You have done a beautiful and wonderful project. Thanks for share with us.

Indira

Lisa Davis said...

Everything you made is just dynamite! You are a great Mom!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

ADORABLE! what more is there to say!
liz :o)

4kids4 said...

Great party ideas...and such cute Minnie stuff!! LOVE the party hats...way too cute with the trim!! TFS

~Sharon C.

Lucy said...

Such cute projects, thanks for sharing!

Christine Riley said...

This is so adorable, what an awesome idea for your daughter's party. I just love this!
Hugs, Christine

Jessica said...

Nice job, it looks really cute!

bakingupcrafts.blogspot.com

Kerry--Momma K said...

Amazing job Lauren! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a talented Mom.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for showing this. I love all your projects.

Amanda

Janie said...

I cant wait to see the party day photos ! This going to be the cutest party ever !!
HUGS,JANIE