Friday, February 25, 2011

Let it Snow! Scrapbook Layout



Surprise!  Surprise!  I am still on track as far as my new scrapbooking plan goes.  I finished my second layout for our 2011 pictures this afternoon, so other than my Disney pictures - I am completely caught up!  Woohoo!  This is a beyond simple layout using the Winter Frolic cartridge along with the Imagine's pattern cartridge Mr. Frosty.  I think I am going to throw in some more simple layouts here and there to stay caught up...plus - I don't want to get burned out.

I designed this layout in my Gypsy, but then ended up using my Imagine to apply colors and patterns.  I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way to scrapbook, but I will say that it was a lot faster to just plug in the sizes into the Imagine.  I was able to avoid going back and forth between the mat preview screen and the sizing screens.  This entire layout used 4 1/2 sheets of white paper plus 2 sheets of kraft cardstock for the bases - that's pretty great! 

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock
  • 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper trimmed to 11 x 12, then 11 x 6
  • Photo Mats
    • (3) 4 3/4 x 3 3/4, 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 to fit a 4 x 3
    • (3) 3 3/4 x 3 3/4, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 to fit a 3 x 3
  • (3) scalloped borders sized at 1" from Accent Essentials
  • (2) flourishes sized at 3.1"and 5" from Accent Essentials
  • Skating Girl sized at 4" from Winter Frolic
  • "Let it Snow" sized at 4" from Winter Frolic
  • Tag sized at 5" from Winter Frolic (journaling space trimmed to 2 1/2 x 3 - printed out from computer)
  • All Patterns from Imagine Mr. Frosty
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • MS Crafts Permanent Pen - Chesnut
  • 3/8" Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Michael's


Happy Friday!  Hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you back here on Monday for another EAD blog hop!

14 comments:

the cricutologist said...

So adorable! Goo job getting caught up!

Michele said...

Love Love Love!!! Jealous that you are caught up. :-)

Shannon said...

Love it! I love everything you do! Thanks for inspiring me.

Flamenco92627 said...

I am also jealous that you are caught up on your scrapbooking. ;) I love this LO! It is so cute and the colors are adorable. Great job!

L.B. said...

I love how bright this is...almost makes me feel like summer instead of snow!!! Very fun!

4kids4 said...

Wonderful pages...so pretty! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Kristin said...

Soo Adorable! I love it!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren, lucky you! I so wish I was caught up! your layout is adorable, like always!
liz :o)

Melanie said...

I think its super pretty! Great job! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

I think its super pretty! Great job! :)

Vickie said...

Very nice LO TFS Wish I was caught up on my scrapbooking I only have about 8 albums to get done and I'm about 35 years behind. I was a late bloomer LOL.

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

how cute! love the colors!

Christine said...

So cute! I love your plan on staying caught up. I haven't even started my 15 month old's baby book and I am going to have another baby at the end of April.

Tara said...

I love that blue paper! It is almost too pretty to cover up with pictures lol!
Tara