Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Look Who's 3!" Layout


Some of you that have been following the blog for awhile, will probably note that one constant theme of my scrapbook layouts (besides my white gel pen) is that I am always talking about how far behind I am with my scrapbooks.  Well...I have a new plan.  I am going to scrap current pictures as quickly as possible and then go back and only scrap pictures that I love or that are from special occasions.  I will still include lots of pictures in the scrapbooks, but instead of creating layouts for each and every one, I am going to use some of the "hybrid" pages from WR Memory Keepers.  Once I actually get started on those kinds of "layouts," I will share a few with you.  I'm hoping that this is the year that I get caught up!  

This layout is for my daughter's 3rd birthday, which was just a few weeks ago.  
Those are the first pictures that I've taken from 2011, so currently this year's scrapbook is up-to-date.  Woohoo!  (You have to celebrate the little things.)  I tried to film a video for this layout and it just didn't turn out.  I was kind of sick and so I kept making silly mistakes.  Before I was done filming the entire thing, my camera's battery ran out, so I threw in the towel.  




I tried something new for my journaling tags.  I cut out tags from Birthday Bash and added a very handy journaling sticker from EAD Designs's Journaling Card Stickerz.  (I don't know about you, but I have the hardest time writing in straight lines on my scrapbook pages.)  To create the pocket for the tag I just marked an outline of the tag on the back of the photo mat & then made sure not to tape over where I wanted the tag to go.

I hope you will stop by tomorrow to check out the EAD Designs' Monthly Color Challenge!

17 comments:

Glora said...

I LOVE your LO!!!! I just cut out that exact same Minnie for a LO that I put together for a blog hop this week. LOL! My LO will look kind of plain compared to yours but I'm learning! I do LOVE your journal tags, I'm definitely going to be trying that. Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL ideas! Hugs- Glora

EricaQ said...

That is such a great layout. I love all your layouts. You arevso talented!!

~Olga said...

Great layout, I love it! TFS Olga

Vanessa said...

your so good at LO.... i need to start my daughters scrapbook shes already 2 i need to hurry lol

bonnie said...

Oh my so cute!!! I love Minnie Mouse and do do my little girls...they would love this!! Hugs ;) x

Ruthie said...

Hi Lauren!

This layout is darling!

I do the same thing my my photos. It feels good to stay current with my photos and then as I have time I work on my older photos.

Ruthie :)

Jenny said...

Very nice Lauren! Great ideas and the layout is so fun. Can't wait to see more :)

Jenny
papercraftingcrazyme.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! I love Minnie, what a perfect layout for Nicole's party! :)

joeygirl86 said...

Aww I love the Minnie! The doodles make it perfect! I'm trying so hard to get caught up this year! Good luck to both of us! lol..

Scrappy Beads said...

Hello Lauren!
I have nominated you for an award... as I always enjoy visiting with you. You can pick up your award on my blog *Ü*.
Thank you for always being such an inspiration to us all!!
**Lots of Hugs**
Deborah

Amanda said...

SUPER cute! I am so far behind on my scrapbooking as well. TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

L.B. said...

I love this page and your plan is right on the money...when I was a CM consltant that is what they advised us to tell people to do. Good luck!!

2LilPrincesses said...

love it lauren! you never fail to impress!!!! I can't wait to see more!!

christana08 said...

This is adorable!!! I love how you did the tag!

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

Love those layouts!! tfs just became your newest follower.

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous layout! You have inspired me so much with your scrapbook pages that I posted my first layout on my blog the other day. I would love it if you had time to stop by and let me know what you think :)
Hugs, Christine

Wendy said...

Just tooo cute! You have the cutest layouts!!! You're making me want to scrap again! :)