This is the first of many Disney themed layouts that I will be working on for our recent Disney trip. I don't want to think about how many right now...too overwhelming! This one is for pictures of my daughter meeting some of the princesses...her friends as she calls them.
I kept the overall layout fairly simple because after cutting and piecing four Disney characters, I don't think anyone would have the patience to add very many more die cuts. In fact, after spending a couple hours fighting with my Cricut and piecing the princesses together - I almost left them off completely. I'm still not 100% happy with how this layout turned out...I love the idea of it, but I'm not sure I love the princesses as much as I had hoped I would. They ended up looking so cartoon-y (not really so shocking, since they are in fact cartoon characters.).
- (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock (Michael's Recollections)
- (2) 11 1/2 x 11 blue cardstock
- tag shape sized at 10.85" from Once Upon a Princess
- cut it out using 2 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock on a 12 x 24 mat
- paper printed from Imagine's Better Together
- (4) Photo Mats - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
- "fit for a" sized at 2.5" from Cursive 101
- "Princess" sized at 5" from Sugar and Spice (from "Little Princess" title...I just used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to get rid of "little.")
- Belle sized at 5" from Disney's Dreams Come True
- Ariel sized at 4.10" from Disney's Dreams Come True
- Sleeping Beauty sized at 4.71" from Disney's Happily Every After
- Jasmine sized at 4.55" from Disney's Dreams Come True
- Crown sized at 3.10" from Sugar and Spice
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Raspberry Fizz Swiss Dot Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
- Pop Dots
Hope you are all having a great weekend so far! I am hoping to get a little bit more scrapbooking done this weekend and I'll be back on Monday for the EAD Designs blog hop!