Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fit for a Princess Layout



This is the first of many Disney themed layouts that I will be working on for our recent Disney trip.  I don't want to think about how many right now...too overwhelming!  This one is for pictures of my daughter meeting some of the princesses...her friends as she calls them.


I kept the overall layout fairly simple because after cutting and piecing four Disney characters, I don't think anyone would have the patience to add very many more die cuts.  In fact, after spending a couple hours fighting with my Cricut and piecing the princesses together - I almost left them off completely.  I'm still not 100% happy with how this layout turned out...I love the idea of it, but I'm not sure I love the princesses as much as I had hoped I would.  They ended up looking so cartoon-y (not really so shocking, since they are in fact cartoon characters.).  




Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock (Michael's Recollections)
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 11 blue cardstock
  • tag shape sized at 10.85" from Once Upon a Princess
    • cut it out using 2 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock on a 12 x 24 mat
    • paper printed from Imagine's Better Together
  • (4) Photo Mats - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "fit for a" sized at 2.5" from Cursive 101
  • "Princess" sized at 5" from Sugar and Spice (from "Little Princess" title...I just used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to get rid of "little.")
  • Belle sized at 5" from Disney's Dreams Come True
  • Ariel sized at 4.10" from Disney's Dreams Come True
  • Sleeping Beauty sized at 4.71" from Disney's Happily Every After
  • Jasmine sized at 4.55" from Disney's Dreams Come True
  • Crown sized at 3.10" from Sugar and Spice
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Raspberry Fizz Swiss Dot Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
  • Pop Dots



Hope you are all having a great weekend so far!  I am hoping to get a little bit more scrapbooking done this weekend and I'll be back on Monday for the EAD Designs blog hop!

23 comments:

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

I LOVE it Lauren!!! It is perfect!! I hope that after a while, you love it too!! It is perfect!! Also, what really matters is if you think your little princess will love it when she goes back and looks at these... I'm sure the answer will be YES!! <3

Kathy said...

Great job! I've found that all the Disney cuts are easier to cut and piece if they are cut big. Thanks for sharing! I'm sure you had a great time!

silly_girl_823 said...

I love the way it turned out!! The princesses look wonderful and you did a great job on them! I have yet to dare them, they scare me!! Hopefully this will be on of those layouts where the more you look at it the more you love it!!

Amy V

silly_girl_823

Lisa said...

Oh, that's just so precious! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I think the princesses look great. I really love the tag shapes and the paper you used for it.

Adrian said...

Great job!

scrapstampcrazy said...

It cam out really nice. I know what you mean though those cuts are a PITA.

L.B. said...

This is great and I totally unerstand not thinking bout how many layouts. We went to Disney last June and I did a 60 page album of the 9 day trip (5 at Disney!!) Enjoy!!

HappyPlaceJen said...

This is very nice, Lauren! GO WITH IT! You need to justify all that time spent on the princesses - LOL! Can't wait to see more - I love Disney & your work! :)

Maquel said...

Love that LO!! The Disney characters are so tricky sometimes! You did a super job! TFS!

Jenny said...

I think it's absolutely adorable! Great job Lauren!

Jenny
www.papercutcreations.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

I love it!!! I can't imagine how hare it is to get all those layers just right - I think you did a GREAT job! :)

Deanne Gutierrez said...

This is just a great layout - LOVE the colors, it all goes so well together. Those Disney characters are a bugger to put together - good job!

Deanne G
http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Glora said...

Amazing job and beautiful colors too! I LOVE Disney princesses. I'm glad they are your daughter's friends too. Hugs- Glora

Erin Wooden-Nagy Independent Crafter said...

Lauren, I have never commented here before, but I read your blog every time it lands in my email :)
This layout is fabulous and the simple background makes all your hard work on the princesses shine! The only thing I would say if you were looking to change anything is that Sleeping Beauty looks like she is kind of floating, like there isn't anything she is putting her elbows on, Ariel looks like she has her elbows rested on the blue area like she is in the water. Does that make sense, lol. Thanks so much for your blog and inspiration!

Vickie said...

I've just visited Disneyland with my granddaughter, we waited almost 2 hours to see the Princesses so we took lots of pictures and even bought the Disney ones. Wasn't sure what I'd do with them until I saw your LO. It is great and very cute. TFS.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren, this super cute, no matter what you think! however, if layering this is anything like spongebob, I totally understand your frustration!
liz :o)

JANLYNN said...

I think this is sooo cute. Your little princess needs to outshine these princesses anywasy. I have read several peoples posts that the princess wher hard to put together and many didn't like how there faces turn out but your are adorible. I saw a post somewhere that said that cuts with lots a small pieces are easier if you leave the cuts on your mat and put them together one piece at a time. Can't remeber who it was from but I told them thanks for shareing what seems to be a great idea.

Tana said...

This is great!!! And definitely worth the extra time.

Tana said...

I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Please pick it up at http://acaffeinatedcrafter.blogspot.com

Janie said...

Very pretty Lauren ! You make the prettiest Layouts !! TFS !
HUGS,JANIE

vv said...

now just how cute is this princess layout!?!?! I don't have any daughters or granddaughters... :( boo-hoo (but I sure do have some awesome sons & grandsons! LOL) so I think I may have to make more princes then princesses on my layout - thanks for the inspiration!

Lezlye said...

This is simply AWESOME Lauren! WIsh my daughter was little again.. Well there's always grandkids!