Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pooh and Friends Layout


I had planned to save this layout for a blog hop next weekend, but I love it too much to wait a whole week to post it.  This is the first of THREE Pooh Bear layouts that I have designed for our Disneyworld pictures.  Thankfully - the Pooh and Friends cartridge is much easier to work with than the Disney Princess cartridges.  


Because all of the characters have a black outline, I decided to make sure to add some more black to the layout to help tie everything together.  I added the black stitching to the clouds and little trails to the butterflies and dragonflies.  In fact...I had so much fun adding stitching and doodling on this layout, I actually had to step away before I added even more.


I am going to add some journaling to the sign post...luckily I won't need to add too much because the pictures speak for themselves.  I added the sizes for everything, but I want to pose a question to all of you.  Do you find it helpful that I list the sizes for my projects or is it waste of time?  


 







Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 8 pieces of cloud patterned paper (Imagine - Best Friends)
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 4 pieces of green paper
  • (2) 12 x 1 pieces of patterned paper
  • Photo Mats (Patterned Paper - K & Company)
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • (2) Title - welded using my Gypsy
    • "Pooh" and "&" sized at 2.25" from Cherry Limeade
    • "Friends" sized at 3.73" from Wild Card
  • (3) Dragonflies sized at 2" from Pooh and Friends
  • (4) Grasses sized at 2" from Pooh and Friends
  • (2) Flowers sized at 2.25" from Pooh and Friends
  • (2) Tulips sized at 2.25" from Pooh and Friends
  • Piglet sized at 3.75" from Pooh and Friends
  • Eyeore sized at 4.56" from Pooh and Friends
  • Pooh Bear sized at 4" from Pooh and Friends
  • Tigger sized at 3.25" from Pooh and Friends
  • Sign Post sized at 5" from Pooh and Friends
  • Corner Rounder
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain &  Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Dew Drop Inks 
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk Inks 
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Pigma Pen - Black
  • Pop Dots
  • Red and White Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
  • Buttons - stash


I hope you are having a great weekend! 

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very helpful for you to post the size. This is SO CUTE!

~Army Wife Molly~ said...

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! This is sooo awesome!!! As usual, I LOVE it!!

Maureen Reiss said...

This LO is ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE Pooh!!

ScrapinShana said...

I'm not a big fan of Pooh, but this is one of the cutest pages ever!!! LOVE IT!! And I'm not sure if it's a big pain for you, but I think it's really helpful that you post the sizes of everything for those of us who are scraplifters! LOL! =)

Scrappy Mel said...

So stinkin' cute! I just LOVE your layouts! :)

Kathy said...

Adorable! I love all your layouts! I just wish I had the patience to add that much detail to mine. I love Disney, so I can't wait to see more!

Tammy E. said...

Adorable! Great colors and design. I agree that the Pooh characters are so much easier!

Card Creations by C said...

This must be the prettiest and most fun layout I have ever seen! You Rock!

Linda Therrien said...

Amazing - what a fun fun layout!! Great job!!

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

crazyaboutcricut said...

UH-MAZ-ING!! I LOVE all the stitching you added! These pages are absolutely gorgeous, and appreciate all the work of adding all the measurements. TFL :o)

Glora said...

Okay, I can totally see why you couldn't wait!!!! This is absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!! I totally agree. The Pooh cartridge is the easiest of the Disney carts, mostly because the eyes are black so no tiny little pieces to deal with. You did awesome and the papers you used couldn't compliment it better. Now as for the sizes, for those of us just looking for inspiration that isn't a real necessity. However, for those who need all the details so that they can duplicate your project it would be VERY useful. Awesome, awesome LO!!!! Hugs- Glora

Kathy W said...

Lauren,

This is gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing it! I also really appreciate the measurements, those are what I struggle with most when I plan my own pages.

thanks again,
Kathy

Carrie K said...

Very cute!! This was the first cart I ever bought and really, the reason I got the cricut to begin with. My first 4 grandkids are Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore and Tigger. It is funny they all really fit that tag too! I agree, this cart is soooo much easier than the other Disney ones!!

Melissa said...

Love it Lauren! Everything ties together so nicely! I voted "yes" that I love it when sizes are posted!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

silly_girl_823 said...

Such a beautiful layout! I have yet to work with this cartridge and I should soon because mine are getting too old for it! I voted to show sizes. But same as the others pictures are fine if it is too much of a hassle for you but they help for those that are wanting to scraplift your ideas.

Amy V

silly_girl_823 at hotmail dot com

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Oh Lauren! You really did an amazing job with this layout! Pooh and Friends was one of my first cartridges and I love it. Thanks for sharing. You definately inspire us to create.

Hugs,
Saundra

Crafting Katie said...

So darling, Lauren! I'm sure your daughter loves it too!

the cricutologist said...

Oh my! This is amazing! Love it!

TheFishie said...

I LOVE this layout and I think you've sold me on purchasing the Pooh and Friends carts. For the most part I have steered clear of Disney carts because I've heard the pieces are so small, but with your inspiration and my new set of Tweezer Bee scissors, I think I'm up for the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation. --Jenn

Erin Wooden-Nagy Independent Crafter said...

Great piecing work! Beautiful layout!

Scrappy Heartz said...

ADORABLE!! Glad you didn't wait to post them! I am going to Disney World next week and wanted to start my album now! I love the new remodeled pooh ride! It was open in Thanksgiving when my husband and I went but I didn't take any pictures...will have to take some this time!

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Such a cute layout!!! I really love it!! I have tons of Disney pictures you just inspired me to scrapbook them. I have been doing too many cards lately.
Sylvia
Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

That is so so adorable! Love the cloud background and how you made a scene with the characters! The black doodles fit perfectly! So glad you posted this now, it's great inspiration! You always surprise me with your cuteness! ;)

Carlene said...

Love it! Looks so intricate but cute too!

Wendy said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lauren this is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! I can see why you wouldn't want to wait until next week! It's just amazing!!!! You should be a designer & sell your work if you don't already!!!! Not that you would want to give up your precious layout!!! I'm speachless!!

Melissa said...

This project is just gorgeous, you are such a talented crafter and one of my favorites, I may not comment a lot but I do look at what you post, great job! Love it and your blog.

bonnie said...

This is adorable...you make the cutest layouts, gorgeous! :) hugs x

Anonymous said...

Your layout and blog are fabulous, and any information on projects are helpful to us newbies....
jman4@comcast.net

Lezlye said...

Fabulous Lauren! Love Pooh and Tigger!

scrapstampcrazy said...

Wow! Great job and having experience with thee types of cartridges I know this was a labor of love!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren! oh my goodness, this is FABULOUS! I just love it! about the sizes...I can tell you that when I don't put the sizes down, I get tons of comments as to what it is, or how I did it. then I have to go back and email them if they left their info or if they have it on their profile! It's so time consuming to add it to the post, but you know not many of us do it. I think people really like it!
liz :o)

2LilPrincesses said...

sooooooooo cute Lauren!!! I love it!!!

Candace

sledkitten said...

What an adorable layout. Please, Please, Please, continue to post the sizes and paper you have used for your layouts. I do not have a creative ounce in my body and you have helped me so much when it comes to scrapbooking. You make me feel like, OHHH I could do that. (not that, I do but that is another story). You give me inspiration and hope. This might sound dumb but you do.

Thank you for taking the time to post all the info, I know it must take a long time. Your creativity and kindness by posting info touches a lot more live than you will ever know.

Thanx a million