Thursday, March 17, 2011

Puppet Project


I keep forgetting to post this fun project that I worked on with my daughter a few weeks ago.  FIRST, let me say this isn't my original idea - just my interpretation of a super cute project that Kristin Swain posted on the Cricut Circle blog last month.  This is one of those, "why didn't I think of that" kind of projects.  Kristin's project had a princess theme, but Nicole decided she wanted the characters from Peter Pan.


Nicole helped me a little bit with each of the steps.  She helped decide on outfits and colors.  She even inked some of the edges and applied glitter glue to a few of the characters (with my help).  She loves looking at my Peachy Keen face stamps, so she decided she wanted to stamp some of the faces.  That's when I realized that I didn't have any "boy" faces that would fit our paper dolls.  (As cute as Captain Hook would be with big eyelashes - I didn't think it would work.)  I mentioned that I could order some "boy" faces, but three year olds don't really understand delayed gratification.  That's when I decided to draw some of the faces....ha ha ha.  It's a good thing that she's three and loves everything that I make - who knew that making little faces would be so hard (at least for me.)


This was such a fun, EASY (and cheap) project to make, and now have all sorts of ideas for future puppets!  


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

21 comments:

L.B. said...

Were these not the best idea on the Circle Blog. I have made my daughter a set as well and she can not stop playing with them. to the point I am going to have to make more very soon...I love love the Peter Pan Theme. Awesome!!

Craftina said...

These are super cute!!! And the faces turned out great!
The Captain Hook is my fav!

Lisa said...

How CUTE!!! I love them!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

OMG these are beyond cute! I'm so glad you shared this idea because some people ((like me)) dont have the cricut circle subscription so it's nice to see what goes on in there! lol...anyhoo I hope you don't mind I think I might have to scraplift this idea for my nieces birthday gift! :)

bonnie said...

OMG....SO SUPER CUTE...I WANT SOME!!! WHAT CARTS DID YOU USE??? HUGS XX

Anonymous said...

Your puppets are adorable.
Lots of fun ahead for you and your daughter!

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Glora said...

Oh my goodness!!!! These are SO flippin' ADORABLE!!!!! Amazing job and good job on the faces you had to free hand. Hugs- Glora

4kids4 said...

Oh, thanks so much for sharing these!! SO CUTE!! Glad you had fun making them with your daughter!!!

~Sharon C.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I can't believe how adorable those are! and what a fab idea too! you are awesome!
liz :o)

Christine said...

How adorable!!! I love Peter Pan. I have never heard of that circle blog but I am going to go check it out. I want to know how to make those.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Just too stinkin cute - oh my! I will have to be stealing this idea for sure - thanks so much sharing with us "non" circle members :)

Scrappy Mel said...

So sinkin' adorable!! I just (like 10 mins ago) bought Boy Mate faces! Now I can make these too! :) I love them!

LesleyfromWI said...

I love this project. Super cute!!

Laura said...

These are absolutely adorable! I may scraplift this for Lilly!

Hugs,
Laura

Tara said...

These rock! How fun!!!
Tara

JANLYNN said...

I think your boy faces turned out pretty darned cute myself. Neat idea that I am going to try out myself.

Wendy said...

These are waaaay too cute Lauren!! What a great idea!!! Wish I still had little ones to make these for!

scrappinC said...

What a super cute idea. I love it!
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Leinad said...

What a super cute and fun idea! I will definitely do something like this with my kiddos! Love to find inspiration on your blog - thanks for sharing!!
Leinad
scrapsticklepop.blogspot.com

Debbie/StudioBeeCreations said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Ate those made of paper?
And they are so cute!