Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!


I hope you are ready for another Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge to begin!  For this challenge, we are using Smiley Cards.  If you don't have Smiley Cards, don't worry!  You can use any Cricut cartridge with similar images...if you need some ideas, I think Simply Charmed or Doodlecharms would work perfectly!  The images on Smiley Cards are all relatively simple, so that means they are begging for a little stitching...not that I like to add stitching to EVERY single project.  ;)  (I'm telling you - it really is an addiction!)  

Just in case you haven't seen it - Provo Craft published a PDF version of the Smiley Cards booklet.  You can find it HERE!

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 kraft cardstock (Recollections - Michael's)
  • 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 patterned paper (K & Company - Sweet Nectar)
  • Photo Mats (3)
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "Sweet" sized at 1.77" from Smiley Cards - cut out twice, once in kraft and once in pink to create a shadow
  • Popsicle sized at 3.25" from Smiley Cards
  • Strawberry Shortcake sized at 3" from Smiley Cards
  • Ice Cream Cone sized at 3" from Smiley Cards
  • Cupcake sized at 2.75" from Smiley Cards
  • "Tag" (actually the bandaid from Smiley Cards...I just cut the end off and rounded the corners) sized at 2.59"
  • Sentiment from Kids Incorporated Set from Scrappy Moms Stamps
    • Heat Embossed
  • Pink Bakers Twine from Scrappy Moms Stamps
  • 1 1/8" Princess Face Stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps
  • Lime Green Buttons - Michael's
  • Pop Dots
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen 
  • Sakura Pigma Pen - Black 03
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk Inks
  • Tsukineko Dew Drop Ink - Pearlescent Ivy
To see more projects that are sure to inspire you to join in on this challenge - make sure to check out the Scrappy Moms Design Team Members' Blogs!


19 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren~ lol! we did it again! layout and the same stamp! your's is just darling!
liz :o)

Glora said...

This is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!! In fact it is DELICIOUSLY beautiful! I love all the stitching. Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

the cricutologist said...

Love it Lauren! You always wow me!

the cricutologist said...

Love it Lauren! You always wow me!

EricaQ said...

You're such an inspiration. I love all your projects. You've definrtly encouragedbme to push myself and try and fo so much more.

EricaQ

Carlene said...

The colours are gorgeous! I love a bit of stitching addiction too! lol!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This truly is a "Sweet" layout! I love all the detail.

Hugs,
Saundra :)

buglvr2010 said...

So adorable! I love it!

Tana said...

What a great layout!! It makes my mouth water just looking at all those yummy sweets!
Tana

Savahanna said...

Mmm looks yummy. I just love the layout

Lezlye said...

Great Job Lauren! All these popsicles and food cuts are making me hungry!

Card Creations by C said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!

vv said...

dear Heavens..I wish I could stop working and spend about 10 more hours a day going around to these blog hops!! I LOVE THEM! I just really found out about all the networking between the blogs & you tube in the past few months and I tell you, I can't get enough!

I am in awe of the women (and guys) who do the scrap/paper blogs. I love looking at all of them. I also really appreciate all of you who take the time to share your work...thank you thank you -- ;)

Ashley said...

Go Check out my blog. I have an award for you!! =)

Ashley
http://myscrappinpalace.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

OMG!!! This is beyond cute!!!! I love how the PK faces make it come to life! Your layouts are always super cute! Keep 'em coming! :)

~Olga said...

I love the layout and the colors are fab.!

Live Love and Scrap said...

ADORABLE Lauren as always!!! Super duper SWEET!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Tara said...

I love your stitching! And I agree stitching is addictive!
Tara

Kate said...

This is just so Adorable. I love it. TFS

Kate