Friday, March 4, 2011

Sneak Peek: " You Color My World!"


I have another sneak peek for you today!  This time I am focusing on the Kids Incorporated set!  (Did anyone else watch Kids Incorporated in the 80's???  I loved it.)  I have been wanting an excuse to use this super cute crayon box from Simply Charmed and when I saw this sentiment - I knew I would have a perfect excuse!

Quick hint...I don't know if anyone else has this happen when heat embossing, but every now and then there were will be teeny tiny "holes" where I didn't get enough embossing powder.  To help conceal any little mishaps, I use my white gel pen and just add a dot of ink to any little "holes."  It works like a charm!

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - Standard A2
  • Mats - Black: 4 1/8 x 5 5/8, Turquoise: 4 x 5 1/4, Red: 3 3/4 x 5 & Striped: 3 1/2 x 4 1/2
  • Crayon Box - sized at 4" from Simply Charmed
  • Sentiment - Scrappy Moms "Kids Incorporated" Stamp Set (heat embossed)
  • Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps (Pretty convenient, huh?  You could order a set or two or stamps and some spiffy new baker's twine...I'm just saying.)
  • Button - from my stash
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white


I was hoping to have another sneak peek ready to post this morning, but I ran out of time and never made it into my craft room.  I will definitely have at LEAST one project for you tomorrow, so I hope you will check back!

For MORE inspiration - make sure to check out the rest of the design team's projects!  (There were some beautiful projects posted yesterday and I'm sure there will be lots more today!)

Special Guest: Christina



22 comments:

Celeste said...

oh wow this cards is fabulous.

Julie said...

Such a cute card. This would be perfect for a first day of school card.

BTW...I watched Kids Incorporated too and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this stamp set. Hard to believe it's where Fergie got her start! LOL

Craft Junkie Too said...

I love it -- the colors are awesome Lauren! :)
Great tip on the heat embossing (to fill in with the white pen).

Jo said...

Absolutely adorable ... great card ... love the twine!!

Jo xx

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren! oh my goodness this is just too cute! I love the bright colors!
liz :o)

Scrappy Mel said...

Oh, so cute! I love the different colored twine and the patterend paper works perfectly! :)

Glora said...

I LOVE this! The different colors of twine look so good together. And yes I watched Kids Incorporated and LOVED it. I had the same thing happen last time I embossed with white and in a frantic I did the same thing and it does look perfect. Thanks for sharing! Hugs- Glora

joeygirl86 said...

SO cute! We both used the same sentiment today, but in totally diff ways! love it! ;)

bonnie said...

Super cure...I love the bright colours....perfect! ;) hugs x

scrapstampcrazy said...

Really great card, Kids incorporated 5..4..3..2..1

Sweet Peas Designs said...

So adorable! I love the twine,we really need to get some of that. Everything you make I LOVE LOVE!! T&S xoxo

Creative Craft Corner said...

This is such a cute card!! TFS!

buglvr2010 said...

Awesome card...I love your color choices...turquoise and red are my favs.

Jenny said...

I loved the show Kids Incorporated! It was my favorite show :)

Love the card so cute!

Thanks!
Jenny

JANLYNN said...

Cute card. Thanks for tip on filling in holes when heat embossing.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I just found your blog and became your newest follower! :) Love your blog!

http://purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com/

Kim H said...

Oh this is just the most CHEERFUL card! I LOVE all the colors, the button/twine detail and your choice in paper! This is just a happy card! Thank You for the tip too~ and yes that happens to me but not any more with your tip!
tfs

Dawn said...

Adorable card! Thanks for the tip with the white pen!!

By the way, I have a blog award for you. I love your blog and it's so inspirational. Stop by when you get a chance.
http://deegeescraps.blogspot.com/

scrappy critters said...

This card is FUN, CUTE, COLORFUL and just AMAZING.. as always!! I absolutely LOVE it..

♥Tam

Amyzcrazylife said...

I am your newest follower. I just got done watching one of your videos and let me tell you you are so talented. I loved the layout you did on the video. Thanks for sharing your creativity!
abuchanan98@gmail.com
www.frugalcricutscrapper.blogspot.com

Live Love and Scrap said...

LAUREN!!! This is just toooo cute. I posted on Laura's crayon card that I have one in my Gypsy waiting to cut...think I will wait til sneak peaks are over since you guys made AMAZING crayon cards!!! I love all the stitching and the different colors of twine...so pretty!!!

hugs,
Sarah

...Frank-LEE said...

Your site is beautiful. It reminds me of sweet ice cream Sundays with my family way back when. I truly like this and all your other crafts that I've checked out so far. I'd like to present to you this award. Smooches... http://scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-blogger-award.html