Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Blog Hop!

Jen's Craft Corner Blog Hop


Welcome to the Spring Blog Hop hosted by Jen from Jen's Craft Corner!  If you arrived here Patti Lynn Creations, then you are in the right spot, if not then hop back to the Jen's Craft Corner!  You won't want to miss a single project today!  If you are looking for the complete blog list, just scroll down to the bottom of this post!


I decided to do a double page layout for my project.  This didn't turn out exactly like I had planned, but it's pretty close.


 Since I LOVE to add stitching and doodling to all of my projects, I try to find a way to streamline the process as much as possible.  For example, I printed out 5 sheets of patterned paper using my Imagine.  While I printed out the paper, I went ahead and did all of the stitching around the 12 x 12 bases and photo mats.  I try to ink edges and faux stitch while I am cutting things out on the Cricut.  It helps pass the time while I am waiting for all of the layers to be cut out and it definitely helps me finish the project a little bit faster.  :)


Even though I had to use two 12 x 12 sheets of the yellow patterned paper for the sun, I was able to use the "leftover" paper for my photo mats!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  If you are brand new to my site and like what you see, I would love for you become a follower or sign up for email updates!  You can find all of the information on the left hand side of my blog!

Your next stop on today's hop is Purple Scrapbooker!

Materials Used:

  • (2) 12 x 12 Kraft Cardstock (Recollections - Michael's)
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 8 1/4" Cloud Patterned Cardstock (Imagine - Hopscotch)
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 4 1/4" Green Patterned Cardstock (Imagine - Hopscotch)
  • Photo Mats
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
  • "Sunshine" sized at 15.46" from Simply Charmed
    • cut out using 12 x 24 sized Cricut mat and 2 pieces of 12 x 12 patterned paper
  • (14) pennants sized at 1.75" from Straight from the Nest
  • (2) birds sized at 3.62" from Simply Charmed
  • (1) bird sized at 3.30" from Simply Charmed
  • Alphabet Stamps - Joann's
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain (all edges inked)
  • Bakers Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
  • 3/8" Double Sided Ribbon - Michael's
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Pigma Pen - Black 03
  • Pop Dots (birds and pennants)

Spring Blog Hop List

Happy Hopping!  I hope you have a great Saturday!

60 comments:

Glora said...

This is adorable. Beautiful job as always! Hugs- Glora

BunnyFreak said...

Love the bright colors.

SuperMo said...

Hi Lauren!

Wauw the sun is shining from your project! Love to see it and great inspiration! Good luck with the blog hop!

Greetz Monique

bonnie said...

So cute sweetie....love the bright colours.....really fun! Hugs x

TyTynNiyasmom said...

Beautiful LO. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.


candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Kim VanSheppy said...

cute layout...TFS

Melissa said...

This layout is so pretty! The bright colors are very inviting!!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Misty said...

Super cute! Love the colors!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Dorcas T-deecanta said...

I really really REALLY want to venture into scrapbook layouts. You did a beautiful job on this. My 6 year old daughter wants me to do one. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower.

Donna said...

Great Spring layout! So pretty.
comopark@roadrunner.com
http://comopark1886.blogspot.com

Kate said...

What a great spring layout...love it.

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely delightful!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable! Your stiching is incredible! It is a beautiful Spring LO! TFS!

Valerie said...

I love the colors on this LO, its so cute and the birdie is adorable! I LOVE to use stitching on my projects as well!!!

Valerie
http://bestisyet2be.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

This is SO CUTE!!! You make the most adorable layouts!

teachU14 said...

What a fun and cheerful LO... I love it!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren! this way too cute! I have always love your perfect doodling!
liz :o)

Lisa said...

Lauren this layout is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I am always stuck on using plain papers when I use my Cricut so I admire that you can use such amazing patterns with your cuts!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Amanda said...

Super cute! Your layouts are always AMAZING! TFS!

iluvkatie74 said...

This layout is so darn cute! I love it!

kkay214 said...

I really love this layout. Very cute.

kkay2140204@yahoo.com

Tamara DeCoito said...

Very cute I love love the way it all came together

http://tammy-pureimaginations.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

This layout is soo adorable! Love the colors and papers you used.

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful job, Lauren! I really like the papers you used; and that sun is just adorable!!! TFS! :)

sandra said...

Your layouts are soo cute!! I'm a new follower and love your projects!!

Patti Ross said...

I'm a new follower...I love your projects! Thanks for the inspirations.

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Love the layout! You did a super job.

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

Kristi said...

That LO is so cute! I love all your birdies and sunshine. Wonderful job.
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

Love your layout.. great job ...you are amazing..

TFS...

Ivette_aviles@yahoo.com

Libby Beach said...

Wow Lauren!! Your layout is absolutely stunning!!! I love love LOVE every little thing about it!! I know it didn't come out exactly how you wanted, but I think it looks perfect! So adorable! :)

kathlee said...

Oh wow........so bright and cheerful. LOVE it! TFS
Kathlee
kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

craftaholic said...

Very Nice Layout!! TFS!! I have been following for some time now!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann

girlia said...

Beautiful LO

My Crafty Designs said...

I love your layout, it is so bright and cheerful!. Thank you for sharing. I'm a new follower.

AnnetteASalinas@aol.com

Melissa said...

Your layouts are sooo amazing, great job!

Sharon said...

Very cheerful layout!
Sharon
http://craftroomtransformation.blogspot.com/

CyndiU said...

Very colorful layout. Thank you for sharing. CyndiU
cureta2 at yahoo dot com

Jens Craft Corner said...

Lauren,

I was truly honored to have you in my blog hop today. You are just so talented and I admire every project of yours. I love love your scrapbook pages!

Thank you so much for joining me in my first blog hop!

Jen

Jen N said...

Lordy, I absolutely love this layout! jenny.naus@yahoo dot com

Tiffany said...

Super cute layout! I love the bright colors. I'm excited to start following you! TFS

Tiffany
tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

Another totally adorable layout! Love all the doodlings, TFS!
Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

katieo said...

I am a new follower. The craft paper makes a great contrast with all of the sunny bright papers
katieoscreations.blogspot.com

Kristie said...

Super cute layout! I love all the stitching & doodling you did.

Smiley21 said...

I love the birds. Nice job.

http://bugalooscraproom.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Very cute layout.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

scrapperbecka said...

Love your layout, TFS

Anniebee said...

Hi, Lauren! This layout is really, really cute! I like the flag banners. I think they make a cute way to display titles for any project.

Anne
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

nantastic said...

Cute layout. Love the sewing, too.

Trisha said...

Your layout is awesome. Love all the faux stitching. I do a lot of stitching also--just wish my hand was a little steadier. Thanks for sharing and I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Debbie said...

great layout tfs
bdtktr at gmail dot com

shersl84bed said...

Super cute layout. Love the little banner on top.

ShersL84bed at aol dot com

Charlotte said...

What a delightful LO. I just love the way the sun spreads out over both pages.

{Raechel} said...

absolutely fabulous! i am a new follower!
TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

pat said...

I love the colors you use on your LO. Very pretty & sweet. TFS.

shanna13 said...

Lauren I loved the colors in your layout and the little birds were adorable! TFS Susan shanna13@frontiernet.net

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Your layout is adorable, love the bright colors.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

Michelle B. said...

Very colorful! Love the layout

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

I love it. The sun spanning across both pages is adorable.


~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Love, Love your layout. Your saying is exactly what I say to my little girl who's 21mo. As a 1st time Mom, this will always hold true for me with her. Smooches... scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

I just love your layout!! It is sooooo cute. I am a follower. Visit my blog for aa chance to win some blog candy.
Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com