Thursday, April 14, 2011

EAD Color Challenge: Summer Fun


Happy Thursday!  It's time for another EAD Color Challenge!  These colors are very fun and definitely summery!  I hope you can play along with us!  Did you know that just for playing along you receive 25% off coupon to the EAD Designs store and one lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the EAD Designs store!  So...go create!  You can enter your project HERE!

I have been practicing my coloring skills and ran across some adorable images from Maurie Manning.  You can find this adorable "Super Duper Girl" HERE!  She reminded me of Fancy Nancy (minus some of Nancy's super-girly accessories).  If you are familiar with the Fancy Nancy children's books, then you know that Nancy uses a lot of "fancy" words.  She especially likes to use French words whenever possible.  I decided that the "Merci" sentiment from Kim Hughes Paper Smooches Thank You Sentiments would work perfectly with this little lady.  It's not obvious from the photograph, but one of the nicest things about the EAD Vinyl Rub-Ons is that they have a little sheen to them.  It gives the illusion of an embossed image without having to get embossing powder and your heat gun out.  :)  If you haven't given them a try, you should!

Not that I am planning on abandoning my Cricut any time soon, but I have to say that I am having the best time playing around with my watercolor pencils.  It's so relaxing and QUIET!  

Hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

This is so beautiful Lauren! LOVE the soft colours of watercolouring! Great take on the challenge!

buglvr2010 said...

Wow! This is great! Love that image...so adorable!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so fun Lauren! it looks like you are having fun coloring!
:o)

Cricutjunkie said...

Lauren, you did a great job, your card is so colorful and whimsical at the same time. TFS Traci

~amy~ said...

okay, now how cute is this?

My Scrap Diary said...

She does remind me of Fancy Nancy. I just love her and her "french" antics. And I too enjoy coloring. It def is a lot less quiet.
Jess :)