Monday, April 18, 2011

EAD Designs Monday Hop - Friendship


Happy Monday!  Welcome to another EAD Designs Blog Hop!  I hope you arrived here from Jenn's blog Double N Designs...if not, make sure you start over at the beginning - HERE!  Today EAD Designs is giving away a set of the Paper Smooches "Thank You Sentiments," and in order to win, you need to leave a comment at each stop on today's hop!  The winner will be announced next Monday!  

Thank You Sentiments
For my project today I made a super easy altered canvas.  I used the beautiful Dandelion Vinyl Rub-Ons.  I love the silhouettes in this set.  All I did was paint an 8 x 10 canvas that I purchased at my local craft store and applied the silhouettes as artfully as possible.  I wish I was a more talented painter and could have blended a few different colors, but it's not my strongest suit.  I still love how it turned out, but I can't decide if I want to use it in my daughter's room like I had originally planned or leave it my craft room...

Here it is framed:

The next stop on today's hop is Liz from Liz's Paper Loft!  
I am sure she will have a fabulous project for you!

Have a great day!  Don't forget that Laura from Makin' Pretty Things is hosting the Butterflies & Blogs Birthday Hop this Thursday!  I am very excited to be one of 29 talented bloggers participating!

14 comments:

Julie E said...

So wonderful! I can see why you are torn as to where to place it. The sentiment looks like it was made to go with the images.

jessica said...

This is just beautiful!! TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

bonnie said...

These are so beautiful I love it in the frame....adorable :) hugs x

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren~ another adorable project!
liz :o)
ps~ hope your little one is better!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh wow Lauren!!! Incredibly beautiful! LOVE it!!!

joydee1963 said...

this is so nice!!! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

joeygirl86 said...

This is awesome! I never would have thought to do something like this!I might have to try soon :)...I think it would look great in a little girls room..

katieo said...

This is beautiful. You definitely should make another one. So you can have one in your craft room and one in your daughters room.
katieoscreations@gmail.com

Linda B said...

This is a great project, Lauren. Soooo cute!

HockeyScrap said...

I love anything with a silhouette. Really sweet!

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful!

Rose said...

awesome!!!
love the idea.........don't have a daughter so will make one for myself lol

June Houck said...

Beautiful rub-on, Lauren. Thank you for sharing!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your canvas....soooooo sweet!