Monday, April 4, 2011

Scrappy Moms Sneak Peeks!

If you are looking for my EAD Blog Hop post, click HERE or just scroll down...it's right below this post!

Photobucket
Hooray!  It's time for Scrappy Moms Sneak Peeks!  The design team will be showcasing TWO brand new stamp sets: "All in the Family" and "Special Delivery."  As always, they are very cute and very useful for cards and scrapbook pages!

All in the Family
If you saw my EAD post earlier today, then you've already seen one of these little Matryoshka Doll stamps. I found them on clearance at Michael's on Friday and I am a little bit obsessed with them right now.  I saw THIS fabulous paper piecing tutorial on the Market Streep Stamps blog a few months ago, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a try.  It's a little harder than I had anticipated, but  I am pretty happy with the end result!

I embossed the sentiment and I love the crisp look!
Here is the second release:
Special Delivery
See...I told you I was a little obsessed.  They are just so cute!  I tried something a little new for this one.  I stamped the little doll using Versamark and then embossed it with black embossing powder.  The embossed image was A LOT easier to color in using my watercolor pencils.  


I hope you enjoyed the first sneak peeks!  Make sure to check back tomorrow for even more!  If you would like some more inspiration, check out the 
Scrappy Moms Stamps Design Team!



12 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh so sweet my little girls have a colletion of these and love them...beautiful colours! :) hugs x

Sherrie K. said...

Love your cards! Great stamp sets....love them both!
Sherrie K

Emily said...

LOVE these:)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

just beautiful! we both had the red thing going on today! lol!
liz :o)

Live Love and Scrap said...

WOW Lauren...I never know what to do with these dolls even though I really like them! I LOVE your cards....really cute!!! I stink at coloring stamps...you did such a FAB job!!! love all the stitching!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Laura said...

These are absolutely adorable! I love the little nesting dolls!

{{HUGS!}}
Laura

EricaQ said...

Love it. I definitely need those stamps!

EricaQ

buglvr2010 said...

I love your cards...the little nesting dolls are adorable!

Trisha said...

Your coloring is fantastic and the stamp...I would love! Except, i'm with Sarah...I'd totally be lost on how to use it. Your also so creative :)

joeygirl86 said...

Super cute! Great job with your paper piecing skills! :)

Tara said...

I love the bold colours in both of these cards!
Tara

Jenn said...

Awe, such sweet cards! Those Matryoshka dolls were beautifully coloured - so cute!