Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Pooh Bear Layout...

Just in case you missed it a few weeks ago...the very sweet Jenny from PaperCut Creations invited me to help her celebrate her birthday by contributing a guest designer post to her blog.  Since it was such a busy week last week and I am gearing up for a big week next week...I thought I would repost the layout here too.  
If you can believe it, I actually still have ONE more Pooh Bear layout to work on for our Disney trip...Pooh and Friends are big in my house.  We have watched the preview for the new movie coming out this summer...oh, about 100 times.  In fact - I think that will be the first movie that we take Nicole to see.  As per usual...there is a plethora of stitching.  I had doubts about the tree, but once I finished I loved the way it turned out, so I guess that's time well spent.  :)

I actually just got the pictures for this layout, plus about 100 other pictures this week.  I spent the better part of Monday afternoon adding pictures and journaling to my layouts and then putting them into my albums.  No matter how much I love a layout (or wish it was completely different) - pictures always make them beautiful.  I've even gotten over my nervousness around journaling...who cares if my penmanship isn't perfect - some day Nicole can look at it and know that I wrote it.  I don't think she'll care.

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 white cardstock
  • (2) 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 polka dot cardstock (DCWV Playtime Stack)
  • Photo Mats:
    • (2) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
  • Title "Mat" 
    • Red trimmed to 3.25" x 12 
    • Blue trimmed to 2.75" x 12
  • Journaling Box
    • Red trimmed to 3 1/2 x 5"
    • Blue trimmed to 3 x 5"
    • Kraft trimmed to 2 3/4 x 4 3/4"
  • Title sized at 1.75" from Cursive 101 and welded using my Gypsy
  • Pooh's Tree House sized at 8.5" from Pooh and Friends
  • Pooh Bear sized at 3" from Pooh and Friends
  • (3) Honey Pots sized at 2.25" from Pooh and Friends
  • (5) Bees sized at 1.5" from Pooh and Friends
  • Martha Stewart Scalloped Rotary Cutter
  • 3/8" Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Pigma Pen - Black 03
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain & Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Pearlescent Ivy & Copper
  • Martha Stewart Glitter - Crystal Fine
Speaking of guest designing...I am a guest designer on one of my FAVORITE blogs this Friday.  I am hovering in between super excited and super nervous.  I also got my Mother's present in the mail on Monday, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet...I am hoping to get a chance to use it this afternoon.  Can't wait to share! 

Happy Wednesday!

11 comments:

Cathy said...

Your lay out is adorable as usual:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

ScrappingStephanie said...

Lauren your LO is gorgeous as always!!! I love the way the tree turned out. I totally agree with you about the journaling. Your daughter will treasure the fact that YOU wrote it:)

Tanya said...

Aww.. too sweet!! This is gorgeous!! I love all the stitching!! Great job!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Melissa said...

Your an amazing designer!!!

joeygirl86 said...

LOVE this! Awesome details aw always! :)

Donna said...

S sweet, I love it!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the white pen stitching on the title letters!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Glora said...

I LOVE this LO! Your LO's are breathtaking and I LOVE Pooh Bear. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute!! I love all the stitching you did!!

GiGi said...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Tammy (P.M.S) said...

Hi Lauren! First...Pooh Bear page is too cute! Love love LOVE it! Second...I have a blog award for you. So, when you have a moment, please stop by my blog to pick it up. :)

Tammy