Saturday, May 14, 2011

Big Girl Layout


Happy Saturday!  I decided to work on a project just for me on Friday afternoon.  So far, May has been a very busy month - filled with projects for design teams and blog hops, but I haven't worked on a project "just because" in a while.  In keeping with my "new" scrapbooking plan - scrap current pictures and go back and only scrap pictures I LOVE - I decided to work on a layout for some pictures I took last week.  My daughter got her "big girl" bed last week and I actually remembered to snap some pictures of her in her new bed for the first time!  


While I was blog hopping for a little inspiration, I saw this cute scrapbook sketch that Jana Eubank came up with for this week's Cricut Circle Challenge.  The sketch worked out perfectly for the pictures I had to scrap, so I decided to give it a try.  I see lots of challenges throughout the week that I always plan on participating in, but then I end up getting busy working on other things.  I'm so happy that I made a little time to work on this challenge!


I know that this layout turned out SUPER girly (sorry - I only have one little girl), but you could easily turn this into a "big boy" layout by changing the title and papers.  There are some great primary colored themed papers in the DCWV Playtime stack too, so you could even use the same paper.  :)

Materials Used:

  • 12 x 12 kraft cardstock base (Recollections - Michael's)
  • 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 white cardstock
  • 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 pink polka dot cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
  • 10 x 10 floral cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
  • 1 1/4 x 10 and 2 3/4 x 11 striped cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
  • (3) Photo Mats - 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 
  • Title
    • "Big" sized at 1.5" from Birthday Bash, welded shadows using my Gypsy
    • "girl" sized at 2.5" from Wild Card, welded using my Gypsy - cut out twice once in white and once in pink to create a shadow.
  • "Bed" sized at 3.5" from Sugar and Spice
  • "Bear sized at 2.25" from Sugar and Spice
  • (2) "Books" sized at 1.5" from Sugar and Spice
  • "Sock Monkey" sized at 2.5" from Sugar and Spice
  • "Giraffe" sized at 2.25" from Sugar and Spice
  • "Corner" sized at 1.9" from Straight from the Nest
  • Critter Face Stamps - Peachy Keen Stamps
  • "Cherish the moment" - Scrappy Moms Stamps All in the Family Set
  • "Crown" Stamp - Scrappy Moms Stamps Happily Ever After Set
  • "Bee" Stamp - ??? It has been in my stamp collection from the time I was 12...so can't help you there!  :)
  • ALL stamps are heat embossed with black embossing powder
  • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots Folder
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Pigma Pen - Black 03
  • Diamond Stickles
  • 3/8" Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Michael's
Just a few reminders!

There is still time to enter my 1000+ Follower Giveaway!  I will draw 5 winners on Monday morning!  Become a follower OR email subscriber and leave a comment on THIS post!


Photobucket
There is still time to play along with the Scrappy Moms DT!  This time around the challenge is to use Once Upon a Princess!  You can enter your project HERE!

EAD Designs' May Color Challenge started this week and there is still PLENTY of time to enter!  You can link up your project HERE!

Hope you have a great weekend!  

22 comments:

Glora said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE! Awesome job! Hugs-Glora

scrapstampcrazy said...

Wow really nice layout!

Crafting Katie said...

Lauren, this is just precious! Great job with the sketch challenge!!!

Cheryl said...

Awesome layout! Love all the embellies. So cute!

bonnie said...

Super cute for a big girl...your layouts rock sweetie :) Hugs x

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LO!! Love the colors!

Courtney Larson said...

I LOVE this. And I might have to scraplift it for my own girls. I absolutely LOVE your work. There is not one your projects I dislike!

4kids4 said...

Terrific layout! Love all those cute little die cuts!! TFS

~Sharon C.

joeygirl86 said...

Lauren this is so sweet! This reminds me..I made a LO with that same Giraffe and haven't posted yet...any who, this is very cute and I'm sure the pics are even cuter! :)

Lisa said...

Lauren this layout is PHENOMINAL!! I so love visiting your blog...it is always so inspiring!!! :)

scrappinC said...

Lauren ~ your layout if fabulous. I love the patterned paper and the colors. The monkey is adorable.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

HappyPlaceJen said...

Great layout, Lauren! Your stitching always looks so nice- so Signature Lauren! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Deanne Gutierrez said...

I love it - what a great job - great papers, great details - you nailed it!

Deanne G
dgutierez1@msn.com

Priscilla said...

Love your projects. I have an award for you. Please check out my blog.

http://priscrafteeescape.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-award.html

Megan said...

I love all of your work but your layouts are my favorite!! Great job. Thanks for always posting the details. It helps us mathematically challenged. :)

meggiemeg at comcast dot net

liz at liz's paper loft said...

hey lauren, i left you an award at my place http://www.lizspaperloft.com/2011/05/sweet-thoughts-card.html
have a fab weekend! liz :o)

Patty said...

Love all your work your very talented and an inspiration to many :)

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh - so adorable! I love the papers and the layout! I bet it's even more FANTASTIC with the cute pictures of Nicole! :)

Pattychika said...

i want to win!

Flair Girl said...

Hey Circle Sister! It's SO nice to discover your blog! I love your Cricut work!

I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll be mine!

Creative blessings,
Brynn
www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com

Tiffany Did... said...

I am new to your site, and I am absolutely loving your style. The inspiration is amazing. I also was very impressed with you scrapbooking/photo upload system. I have a question though if you don't mind. I was wondering if you have a trick for getting your pictures onto the mats you have made once the are overlapping like this example? I have also noticed a lot of your pages have great buttons, ribbon, twine and etc on the mats. How does your photo placement work with those? Thanks so much for the information. I look forward to following and learning and being inspired lots more!

Rosie said...

love this layout! it's soooo cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com