Happy Saturday! I decided to work on a project just for me on Friday afternoon. So far, May has been a very busy month - filled with projects for design teams and blog hops, but I haven't worked on a project "just because" in a while. In keeping with my "new" scrapbooking plan - scrap current pictures and go back and only scrap pictures I LOVE - I decided to work on a layout for some pictures I took last week. My daughter got her "big girl" bed last week and I actually remembered to snap some pictures of her in her new bed for the first time!
While I was blog hopping for a little inspiration, I saw this cute scrapbook sketch that Jana Eubank came up with for this week's Cricut Circle Challenge. The sketch worked out perfectly for the pictures I had to scrap, so I decided to give it a try. I see lots of challenges throughout the week that I always plan on participating in, but then I end up getting busy working on other things. I'm so happy that I made a little time to work on this challenge!
I know that this layout turned out SUPER girly (sorry - I only have one little girl), but you could easily turn this into a "big boy" layout by changing the title and papers. There are some great primary colored themed papers in the DCWV Playtime stack too, so you could even use the same paper. :)
- 12 x 12 kraft cardstock base (Recollections - Michael's)
- 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 white cardstock
- 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 pink polka dot cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
- 10 x 10 floral cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
- 1 1/4 x 10 and 2 3/4 x 11 striped cardstock (DCWV - Playtime Stack)
- (3) Photo Mats - 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
- "Big" sized at 1.5" from Birthday Bash, welded shadows using my Gypsy
- "girl" sized at 2.5" from Wild Card, welded using my Gypsy - cut out twice once in white and once in pink to create a shadow.
- "Bed" sized at 3.5" from Sugar and Spice
- "Bear sized at 2.25" from Sugar and Spice
- (2) "Books" sized at 1.5" from Sugar and Spice
- "Sock Monkey" sized at 2.5" from Sugar and Spice
- "Giraffe" sized at 2.25" from Sugar and Spice
- "Corner" sized at 1.9" from Straight from the Nest
- Critter Face Stamps - Peachy Keen Stamps
- "Cherish the moment" - Scrappy Moms Stamps All in the Family Set
- "Crown" Stamp - Scrappy Moms Stamps Happily Ever After Set
- "Bee" Stamp - ??? It has been in my stamp collection from the time I was 12...so can't help you there! :)
- ALL stamps are heat embossed with black embossing powder
- EK Success Corner Rounder
- Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots Folder
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Sakura Pigma Pen - Black 03
- Diamond Stickles
- 3/8" Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Michael's
Just a few reminders!
EAD Designs' May Color Challenge started this week and there is still PLENTY of time to enter! You can link up your project HERE!